Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Uruguay, small pacific country with south Altantic coasts, 3 million friendly people population.

Default XMTīs and Diversion on 50Hz??

Hi to all. I have noted in Millerīs machine pdf that some are advertised suitable to be used with 50/60 Hz power and some not. My local Miller representative tells me that some units advertised only for 60Hz, can work with 50Hz and others not.
    I intend to buy a Diversion 165 and an XMT 304 or 350 CC/CV in the near future, so my question is, will these machines work with my power supply 230 VAC and 50 Hz??
    Thankīs for your input!

Regards:

Jerónimo.

Go for it, inverters don't care what the initial frequency is as they build it up to over 20Khz.

Uruguay, small pacific country with south Altantic coasts, 3 million friendly people population.

Thanks Cruizer, I understand that inverters rectify the AC current as a first stage and then work it from DC. I was just worried the units could take some kind of signal from the base frequency.

Out of this tread, as you may have noticed I am ouside US. I have just read some treads on Weld ALert remotes, is there any source to buy them on line?
    Will the 3 turn unit work with my CST?

Thanks!

Regards:

Jerónimo.

Posting Permissions