Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very nice work proorange.

It looks to me like all chances of flexing or bending are not going to be an issue. I sure wish I had more room, but my current setup won't allow many more large tools.

Get a little paint on it and it will look like one you bought.

Making one for a friend could be ok if they buy all your supplies, and supply bbq, and last but not least, they could do all the cutting and fitting so you can weld it up and make it work.

I get alot of friends wanting something built but they dont want to hang around and help. So for the ones that cant help, they of course pay for gas wire and steel. But they also get a nice little bill for my time. I dont get rich, I do help out a friend, and I make a little fun money.

Once again very nice work. I would love to see it when it is all finished.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Nice job, Thanks for finally providing some clarity to the tracking mechanism. Always liked the Unigrinder, but never could see from their site how they accomplished the tracking.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Default Belt Grinder

Very nice job.
    I have two of these in the shop that use the 2 x 72 belts. One is a Bader and the other is a shop built copy of the Bader using the Bader wheels and cone pulleys. The Bader is an industrial quality machine and the wheels are expensive but they are high quality parts and last. What I found was that this is one of those things that once you have one you wonder how you worked without it. The Bader with a 2 hp motor and 60 grit belt will hog out 1/4 thick stock without breaking a sweat and do that all day and quality 72 inch belts don't wear out fast. The Bader wheel options go from around one inch diameter up and are quick to interchange.
    Happy grinding!

That's an awesome grinder. I especially like the belt tensioner spring retainer tubing cups, amongst all of the other greatness.

Your pictures are bordering on p0rn
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Quote Originally Posted by proorange View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm tickled with it. Every time I use it I giggle

Should tickled and giggle ever be used in the same post?
    Yes it's ok to use tickled and giggle in the same post. It's like "fine and dandy"
    They can be used separately or together but never in a biker bar.

I like your sander. Good job. I have one similar to that I built. Suggestions:
    make a guard for the belt edge as the edge can go through flesh in a flash(ask me how I know) 13 stitches and $700 poorer after that. Also guard the open belt and pulley........they're are just waiting for a loose shirt tail to grab. Again, good work....................................Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Yes it's ok to use tickled and giggle in the same post. It's like "fine and dandy"
    They can be used separately or together but never in a biker bar.

I like your sander. Good job. I have one similar to that I built. Suggestions:
    make a guard for the belt edge as the edge can go through flesh in a flash(ask me how I know) 13 stitches and $700 poorer after that. Also guard the open belt and pulley........they're are just waiting for a loose shirt tail to grab. Again, good work....................................Nick

Thank You Monte for the suggestions. Another thing is some type of deflector coming off the rear drive wheel. When your really getting after some thicker material the sparks like to ride all the way around that thing and find it's way onto my head

nice but is it OSHA approved.

Default nice!

That is some fine work. Very well thoght out.

very impressive
    Matt

Syncrowave 200
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Victor O/A
    Smithy Midas 1220 Lathe- Mill
    Bandsaw- 20 yr old Harbor Freight type
    Speedglas

Default Nice Work

Good job on the sander, I am jelous....sure there may be a few guards missing, but hey its a work in progress. I'm sure like any good project it will go through revisions, but it looks like you have a GREAT start
    Kirk W.
    Weld Engineer
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.