Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Headache Rack Project

Well not quite completed but started working on a Heavy Duty headache rack for my Super Duty . I went to a local truck accessory dealer to get a front and rear Ranchhand Style bumper ordered since the good ole insurance is paying for the bill. While there I was quoted $550 installed for a basic heavy duty headache rack. So after about $150 in material and a day of work off and on i got most of it complete. Also it has bed rail which will have some tubing added to the top of it. Also i have welded brackets for some flood lights to light up the welding trailer or work area at night. Still need to add the top rail tubes to the bed rails, clean it up prime and paint it. Another 1/2 day should be done maybe a couple hours if I can stay on task and not get bothered Bonus kids out of school for the summer (FREE LABOR lol )

Equipment
    Lincoln SA 200, Miller 252 , Miller TrailBlazer 275 and Hypertherm Powermax 600

Equipment

Very cool and props for building the whole thing. i used a RKI rack and modified it for my use so i didnt build my entire headache rack.

not bad, I would have made the rack a little lower for the light, about 3/4", but not bad.

Thumbs up Hard Hat for Pickup

Looks like it will do the job hopefully no one throws some thing in the bed and it bounces up and into your sliding window, "OUCH" Nice fabrication job. I like your welding table as well..

Bob

I thought you were going to build a heavy duty one.

I could of went with 4x4 square lol
    Equipment

looks good

heres one i made (plus deck)

Pretty Sharp I cannot wait to get from powder coat tommorrow
    Equipment

Headache Rack back from powdercoat sorry for the crappy pics it was getting dark

Equipment