Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drunk Tested

Default Drunk Tested

One more weekend project. I needed another bar stool and as I am not a fan of spending money and I am a big fan welding, I came up with this bar stool. As you can most likely tell from the photos the legs are made from car hood struts and the frame of the seat is a worn out break rotor. For the center of the seat I used the guts out of a cryogenic liquid level gage. The feet are some worn out LOX and LIN couplers. People were a little unsure about sitting in it at first b/c of the glass; however it is recessed over half an inch and honestly sits pretty well. After a fair share of beer I was still upright. Call that a good day from me and a bad day for Arthur Guinness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I doubt that it is mother approved however. Not to say that it wouldnt be fun however.

Nice idea with the car hood struts.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Default Engineering

Did you weld the struts to the cast iron rotor .??? I did not know bar stools cost that much..

nope drilled in

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyMckinney View Post
    nope drilled in
    Good glad to hear that..

Nice project ... cool idea
    Jim

reusing old parts I see

Do the struts work? If so, how is the ride over bumps?

Technically yes, however, they are hood struts from a Chrysler LHS and a Saab 9000 so it would take a pretty big person. I just liked the look of them and had a few lying around.

Default Bar Stool

I like the brake rotor for a seat.
    Did you polish / sand the rotor?
    Great job,

g6racer
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME