And it felt really good doing it too...

I went to a local diner this morning for breakfast and overheard this man telling his daughter that he was sorry that they couldn't find heavy duty training wheels for her bike. She was a little on the sad side but was understanding about it, after hearing her say that all she wants to do is ride her bike and be like all the other kids, I asked the father if I could maybe help them out. The little girl is 6 years old and is autistic and has downs syndrome, she is also quite hefty because of her medical conditions. The father told me that all of the training wheels he could find would not support his daughters weight and easily bent when she tried to ride her bike. I gave him my card and told him I'd be at my shop in about an hour, to bring the bike and the bent training wheels with him. When he showed up I went to work and made her a set out of some 2" channel and other misc. parts and pieces, took me about an hour to build them and fit them on the bike and before she left the shop she was riding around my parking lot happy as could be. The best part of the story is that I had no intention of going near the shop today, but the look on this little girls face said it all. She was so excited that started crying as she was saying thank you. The girls father asked how much he owed me and all I told him was that the smile on her face was payment enough. I think I just made a friend for life. Dave

P.S. I wanted to take pictures but had left the camera at the house, it was heartwarming to say the least.