Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pad lock will work fine.

Two statements of caution on cutting into old safes,
    Some are filled between the steel walls with concrete and or asbestos/cement combo. A big mess as the dust goes everywhere and is a pain I A to clean up not to mention a health/toxic waste hazard.

Some of the real old safes, had vials of cyanide in the doors as a burglar proofing system. As I wasn't a safe man, just locks and keys I don't remember the dates when they quite using it them. But I do know there are still a lot of them out there. So be careful if you start working on the doors of any real old ones.

As to the tooth could have been his or his child's tooth, it is amazing what is kept in the safes by people. There are always interesting stories in the locksmithing magazine.
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

WOW PT!!

Cyanide !! I guess that would take care of the burglar, and then some.

I defiantly appreciate the info Sir. I try my best to look ahead and even try to stop for a second and think of the common sense kinda stuff. I thought about the concrete and drilled a tiny hole to make sure that it was only steel. I never thought about asbestoses tho, I guess it makes sense for fire proofing.

I will defiantly keep these tips in mind if I ever come across this again.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

That sounds just as bad as having a bomb in a coffin just in case a body snatcher comes along.