Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project ideas?

Default Project ideas?

Im a highschool student taking welding, and we can make projects, but i cant ever think of anything to make :/
    Any ideas?
    Lala

Cool

Look here at a few of my things...Bob

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...umid=24&page=2
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

A good roller cabinet for your tools. It will last a lifetime.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Don't try that Portable Welding Table. The plans are poor
    Fab Tech

Quote Originally Posted by FabTech View Post
    Don't try that Portable Welding Table. The plans are poor
    Seems to me that poor plans make for an excellent learning
    exercise - what's wrong here? how do we fix it?.

If the plan were decent she be able to complete it in a week.
    I could be wrong but I donít think a High School student has the time to make corrections to poor illustrated drawings and complete a project in a timely fashion.
    Arenít classes about 45 min a day? They need projects theyíre able to finish in a short time for a grade.
    It would be a challenging project for home were you have the time to figure it out, bring it back to class and put it together for a final.
    I remember we made candle stands, things for mom, stuff she still has sitting around the house, the lathe project were fun.

There's a lot of projects in the Idea Gallery Have fun
    Fab Tech

The most interesting projects to fabricate are usually ones that are functional or serve some purpose. Think of something you need or could use to make a job easier. You could also try and find some scrap pieces of stainless and try welding different metals if you have access to the proper rod. Lots to learn.
    5 welding Rigs
    14 various shop weld machines
    150x80 shop full of metal working tools

I have welding for 2 periods a day, 5 days a week, i can take as many days as i need to complete a project, my teacher wants us to make cool things that take more than one day. We started learning TIG today, i actually did really good, specially for my first time, it almost looks like i did the weld with the wirefeed. So im gunna try and work on TIG and get better than work on projects using TIG.
    But thanks for the ideas, i have all this year and next to make what ever it is i want. :]]
    Keep the ideas comming guys.
    Lala

Ditto that idea about functional....

It could be furniture for your room - the nice thing about steel is you can make things thinner, hidden supports etc.

On the artistic side, there are a couple of people that frequent here who have done some really nice stuff that would definitely qualify as art - even functional. Follow some of the sigs.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick