Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default "Spuds & Sleevers"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Thank you very much for your informative narrative.
    Sonora: They probably don't know what a "bull pin" is, or know that Crescent makes adjustable "spud" wrenches, or the difference between a soft nut and hard nut "big bolt" spud wrench. Oh well.

Dave
    Last edited by davedarragh; 07-13-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Dave these guys have me panic stricken now! Until I read On fire’s post I thought the most dangerous part of my schedule was the adventures on SO Cal freeways!

Sonora: True. Forget what I said about your spud wrench, just stop driving, youd definitely be safer! The 15 and 91 are death traps, I swear.

Dave: I own a crescent spud, and ive seen it stand straight up in a co workers arm when someone wasnt paying attention and knocked it off a scissor lift.

Im just throwing my .02 at the comment. They can be quite nasty, as well as handy.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.