Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I still have a few craftsman ratchet rebuild kits left for sale or will trade for other tools. Need ratchet number, usually on handle. PM me if interested.

Glenn

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    A little web searching brings up that kobalt was once made by snapon in the beginning, but hasn't been for some time now.

Bluepoint is snapon's foreign made stuff. It very well could be one in the same with the kobalt's because we all know how highly the chinese regard intellectual property rights.
    Kolbalt was made by Williams at one time too. Alot of the tools are made by the same company. There is a small plant by me that makes Craftsman rachets and wrenches...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

IIRC there is a plant in ohio that makes wrenches for just about everyone, snapon, mac, matco, craftsman, and i think a few others, a friend of mines dad had a company that treated waste oil and they used to haul from that plant

Fastenal sells the craftsman ratchet rebuild parts. Just take the the model number with you and they can get you the parts. Sorry don't know how much they cost. BTW I like the crafman professional 3/8 drive ratchet, for 1/4 drive we hve 5 or 6 of the standard craftsman ratchets and for 1/2 we have a cratsman standard ratchet. We have a mac 1/4 inch but it is worn out. We have 4 or 5 craftsman 3/8 drive ratchets but i like the profssonal ratchet better. We also have an old SK 3/8 drive ratchet but it doesnt get used much. We also have a Chicago Pnumatic 3/8 and 1/4 drive air ratchet that are great and get used all of the time.
    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Default "Craftsman-Guaranteed For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by metalmeltr View Post
    Fastenal sells the craftsman ratchet rebuild parts. Just take the the model number with you and they can get you the parts. Sorry don't know how much they cost. BTW I like the crafman professional 3/8 drive ratchet, for 1/4 drive we hve 5 or 6 of the standard craftsman ratchets and for 1/2 we have a cratsman standard ratchet. We have a mac 1/4 inch but it is worn out. We have 4 or 5 craftsman 3/8 drive ratchets but i like the profssonal ratchet better. We also have an old SK 3/8 drive ratchet but it doesnt get used much. We also have a Chicago Pnumatic 3/8 and 1/4 drive air ratchet that are great and get used all of the time.
    Why would anyone BUY a ratchet repair kit for a Craftsman ratchet? Take it back to Sears and get a new one!

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

These work well in my world.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thatd work extremely well untill one of two things happened...

A: It would land point down on your foot, and be standing upright when you look down... OR

B: You would go to break something loose and would by a freak accident slip and stab your hand on it.

I dont doubt for a second its handy...but I use a regular spud adj. wrench when I need to use one. That way its not my primary tool, and I can just set it down on the bench.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Thank you very much for your informative narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    Thatd work extremely well untill one of two things happened...

A: It would land point down on your foot, and be standing upright when you look down... OR

B: You would go to break something loose and would by a freak accident slip and stab your hand on it.

I dont doubt for a second its handy...but I use a regular spud adj. wrench when I need to use one. That way its not my primary tool, and I can just set it down on the bench.
    ya forgot breaking his neck and putting his eye out
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Lol, youre welcome for the narrative, but im not the safety guy ive just seen some of that stuff happen.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.