Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

For the setscrews on the dies, I replaced them with setscrews that have the little dimple cutting end, and drilled the shaft just enough to allow the setscrew to insert into the shaft, I also used a jam nut on these same setscrews so they canít back out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    For the setscrews on the dies, I replaced them with setscrews that have the little dimple cutting end, and drilled the shaft just enough to allow the setscrew to insert into the shaft, I also used a jam nut on these same setscrews so they canít back out!
    Hmmm....sounds like a good idea. I'll check those out.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

If the set screw holes have enouph meat so 2 set screws can be set into the same hole after you drill the indentation into the shaft the 2nd set screw acts as a jamb screw.

Quote Originally Posted by bc65925 View Post
    I decided to buy their cut off saw. I don't have a shop, just weld for my self thought it would be OK. Well, my first big project was railing around my front porch. After a while, I burnt up my cut off saw. I took it back and they gave me another one. It wasn't long before I burnt that one up. When I was packing it up to take back and get a refund this time, I could not find the receipt. I called the store, and they said bring it back, and we can give you a store credit for the price. I thought that was very comendable on their part. Junk power tools for sure, but everything else I have gotten there worked just fine. Shop crane works great, roller seat is great, and the cheap trailer holding my Bobcat 250 is just perfect for what I wanted.
    I've used their chop saw for several years, I know they are power hogs, and absolutely need 12 gauge wire minimum extension cord, and not a very long cord at that. Of course even my Dewalt gets hot if too small a cord is used, that one cost me $100.00 for a new armature to find out.
    Your right about the return policy, better than average

Anyone know where to get dies for this HF Roller? The only dies I see on HarborFreight's site are for 1/2" square tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Genarr3 View Post
    Anyone know where to get dies for this HF Roller? The only dies I see on HarborFreight's site are for 1/2" square tubing.
    It comes with the round tube dies, and all they have as far as I know, is the 1/2" square dies. They could be made into virtually about anything the machine could accept.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    It comes with the round tube dies, and all they have as far as I know, is the 1/2" square dies. They could be made into virtually about anything the machine could accept.
    The trick is finding someone who's willing to widen the 1/2" dies (which can go for as little as $39 on sale) to 5/8, 1", etc.

Anyone?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    The trick is finding someone who's willing to widen the 1/2" dies (which can go for as little as $39 on sale) to 5/8, 1", etc.

Anyone?
    I can make, widen, modify any die but i am booked until after the first of the year. So make a wish list...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Considering making my own roller. Anybody know the dimensions of the HF dies? They are way cheaper than Eastwood's dies! I'd appreciate a PM.
    Thanks
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Shoot me a PM with the dimensions you want and I'll fire them over to you.