Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by backsix View Post
    If you're patient you can take this home for $119

Iím not sure it would be worth it at that price!
    My 3/4Ē middle / upper die came without being drilled and tapped! The center hole is to small for the die to even fit on the shaft! Called Harbor Freights 1-800 #. Oh yeah just try getting someone on the phone who can speak English! Iíll drill and tap it my self. The cheap little Allen head bolts were the first thing to go in the round file. Could not keep them from backing out, used a duplicating punch to mark the shaft drilled the shaft and bought Allen set screws with 6-MM jam nuts. Also could not keep the bolts on the wheel from backing out. Now the wheel is welded to the shaft!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Iím not sure it would be worth it at that price!

Now the wheel is welded to the shaft!

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    I should have known better!

I'fe noticed the HF roll bender. I'd be considering it if I hadn't built one a couple of years ago:

http://bullfire.net/Roll_Bender/WP_Roll_Bender.html

Quote Originally Posted by ed_h View Post
    I'fe noticed the HF roll bender. I'd be considering it if I hadn't built one a couple of years ago:

Nice job
    I see what you mean
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default Can't tell you anything about the roller, but have some input about HF.

I decided to buy their cut off saw. I don't have a shop, just weld for my self thought it would be OK. Well, my first big project was railing around my front porch. After a while, I burnt up my cut off saw. I took it back and they gave me another one. It wasn't long before I burnt that one up. When I was packing it up to take back and get a refund this time, I could not find the receipt. I called the store, and they said bring it back, and we can give you a store credit for the price. I thought that was very comendable on their part. Junk power tools for sure, but everything else I have gotten there worked just fine. Shop crane works great, roller seat is great, and the cheap trailer holding my Bobcat 250 is just perfect for what I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default roller

Quote Originally Posted by ed_h View Post

Looks great ,would you have plans to share ?
    regards,Ed

pennswoodsed--

Sorry, I don't really have any plans. I kind of sketched it out as I went. You could get pretty close from the pictures by knowing that the rollers are 5-inch diameter. The shafts are 3/4" drill rod, and the bushings are 3/4" x 1" x 2" oilite type. The black spacers are some kind of plastic. They keep the rollers centered.

anyone ever done round tubing with these? i want to do some .065 round chromolly and was wondering how well it works for this?

I have not rolled tubing, but my experience on smaller rollers and what I've learned on forums should apply here. I think the key to rolling anything is to feed it in the rollers straight. If not, the material will come out twisted. For tubing, I would want dies that fit the OD of the tubing fairly close. As long as the dies are lined up and can't drift from side to side, it should work good.
    Jim