Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jobs....

Will do, give me a day, and I will get all the info together. There are actually over a dozen companies that do welding overseas, and your talking 6 figures tax free. Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free. You would get paid anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 a month depending on your skill, and what company you would work for. Stipulations is, you cant have any felonies in the past 5 years, you will need a passport, and if you were ever in the service, or if your a disabled vet, you get preference. Also if your wanting to get hazard pay, you would have to pick a location like iraq or the like, but you cant bring the wife, but overseas spots like brazil and such you can. Either way the pay is phenominal, and its very easy to land the job, all you guys would need is the will to want to travel overseas. Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free.

Is it only the last two months that are taxed or up to $XXX amount? I had read up on overseas work in the past and it seems like the laws had been changed to were you could make a certain amount tax free and then everything over that was taxed. I'm not questioning just would like to know more about traveling overseas for work aswell.

Will do, give me a day, and I will get all the info together. There are actually over a dozen companies that do welding overseas, and your talking 6 figures tax free. Well they dont tax 10 months of it, and only tax you the last two months which is still pretty much tax free. You would get paid anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 a month depending on your skill, and what company you would work for. Stipulations is, you cant have any felonies in the past 5 years, you will need a passport, and if you were ever in the service, or if your a disabled vet, you get preference. Also if your wanting to get hazard pay, you would have to pick a location like iraq or the like, but you cant bring the wife, but overseas spots like brazil and such you can. Either way the pay is phenominal, and its very easy to land the job, all you guys would need is the will to want to travel overseas. Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!
    Usmcruz, do these jobs allow Canadians? I would go just for the adventure . PM me if this is possible. Thanks, Jef

Like I said, give me a day or two to go to my guy on the base here, and get the info, but tomorrows the fourth, and he wont be back till monday, so give me till monday. Anything to help out another welder!
    Thank you, much appreciated.

a friend told me there was something going in near appleton, wis. and they were looking for welders.
    cat