Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jobs....

Default jobs....

so i am in need of some help...my husband is a pipeline welder who just lost his job (company went under)...he has 10 years experience, his own rig, and is willing to go wherever he needs to find a good job...if anyone out there knows of anything please let us know since NM has nothing we realize we will have to move or at least him be on the road for a while...thanks for all your help.

I'd say the best bets would be Pennsylvania or Texas. Pipe isn't my line of work. Yo might look here and see http://www.jobbankinfo.org/ They have listings all over the country and you might be able to find something there. Hope it is usefull. Good luck.

there is a major pipeline project working in east texas somewhere around paris, tx

Quote Originally Posted by welderwifey View Post
    so i am in need of some help...my husband is a pipeline welder who just lost his job (company went under)...he has 10 years experience, his own rig, and is willing to go wherever he needs to find a good job...if anyone out there knows of anything please let us know since NM has nothing we realize we will have to move or at least him be on the road for a while...thanks for all your help.
    You might check the AWS.org site.

Griff

Try pipeliners local 798
    www.local798.org
    WELDCKR
    Miller XMT 350
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Hobart Beta-Mig
    Lincoln Square wave 175
    Victor Jouneyman
    Whole bunch of Dewalt stuff

big pipe project coming through central ms right now
    Matt

Syncrowave 200
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Victor O/A
    Smithy Midas 1220 Lathe- Mill
    Bandsaw- 20 yr old Harbor Freight type
    Speedglas

Default HotSheet

Check www.jobhotsheets.com and get an industrial projects report. It's full of employers looking to hire.

There is definate work in the shipyards in portsmouth virginia, and pipeline work in texas. You also might wanna consider overseas jobs, which pay 6 figures, plus benefits, with paid vacation time to see the family. Their hurting for people overseas everywhere.

By the way, you guys are quick to help out a woman, man, I should probably change my name to Ms. Usmcruz
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    There is definate work in the shipyards in portsmouth virginia, and pipeline work in texas. You also might wanna consider overseas jobs, which pay 6 figures, plus benefits, with paid vacation time to see the family. Their hurting for people overseas everywhere.

By the way, you guys are quick to help out a woman, man, I should probably change my name to Ms. Usmcruz
    Could you point me in the right direction on finding more info about working overseas. The wife and I feel like getting out of here for a year or so.