Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default cant explain

that loook on the face when you stand there staring into space, then something like this is created, very nice work, i responded earlier to a fun post "you know if youra welder if (then you answer)" you are constantly improving your shop by building something no one else has, of all the trades ive done in my life, i find that welding is the one trade that lets the mind wander with its ease of creativity, as said earlier, great idea kevin

I made a similar set up for my vise, but I put a piece of pipe in the place of the smaller square tube so the vice can swivel inside the larger tube. Also, I put 4 nuts and locking bolts at 90 degrees to each other on the outside tube. That way, I can move the pipe inside the square tube, and I have a small bit of levelling adjustment on the vise for ease of fitting flanges etc. to other pipe parts.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    that loook on the face when you stand there staring into space, then something like this is created, very nice work, I responded earlier to a fun post "you know if youra welder if (then you answer)" you are constantly improving your shop by building something no one else has, of all the trades ive done in my life, i find that welding is the one trade that lets the mind wander with its ease of creativity, as said earlier, great idea kevin
    I figure this is how we put men on the moon, controllable robots on Mars and the Voyager satellites, well on their way out of our solar system.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I made a similar set up for my vise, but I put a piece of pipe in the place of the smaller square tube so the vice can swivel inside the larger tube. Also, I put 4 nuts and locking bolts at 90 degrees to each other on the outside tube. That way, I can move the pipe inside the square tube, and I have a small bit of levelling adjustment on the vise for ease of fitting flanges etc. to other pipe parts.
    Can you post some photos of your S/U?
    Thanks,
    Nick

Sure, if I can remember to take a camera to work with me I will try tomorrow.

Vise mount 001.jpg Ok, this is my first try at loading pictures on the computer so keep your fingers crossed. (It`s a good thing I`m a little better at welding than computer stuff)