Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Dynasty Welding Book?

Guys
    Have been Tig Welding since the late 1960's..... so am not looking for a beginners instruction book...... What I am hoping for is a Cookbook/Instruction Book that Addresses the extended capabilities of the Dynasty Machines.... Added a Dyn 350 Tigrunner about a year and a half ago and a Dyn 200 (Blue Lightning) a few months ago..... to our arsenal... these machines have HUGE capabilities beyond the old Chopper or Mag-Amp Tig machines...... was hoping that someone at Miller or one of our resident experts had started on such a project...... if nothing else maybe we could use this thread to exchange favorite setting info,, quirks,, tricks,, etc for these exceptional inverters......
    Would be Nice if Miller were to add an additional chapter to the Tig Handbook that addresses this new universe of possibles... (but a whole book would ge great..)
    Tnx
    Heiti

I would agree with you on this.
    I don't care about any video or some book on old transformer tigging but I would buy and read a book on using a full featured inverter tig machine to its full capacity for sure!!
    That is if it was relevent to what I own...MILLER.

I think the author of the Tig welding for Dummies book should do this job for sure.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

FusionKing
    as you know these Dynasties have HUGE capabilities... like comparing a Ferarri to a Model T.... I would gladly Pay for a book that simplifies the optimization of these wonderful machines... otherwise it might take years to figure out some of the high points...
    Tnx
    Heiti

Default New Kid on the block

I know I'm a new kid here but totally agree. I suggested befor that maybe a user specific section could be created here for specifications. I also am into metal detecting big time and at White Metal Detecting we have a forum that get lots and lots of posts from user specific settings for a particular type of ground search and type of items searched. I think we could use the same type of information here.

Set up showing metal type, thickness, then the welder type, setup of amps, sine wave, frequency, etc. Until someone offers a complete book, I think we are the best source of information for each other.

Since I am a new Dynasty 350 owner, I would love to see user tried and true settings for different metal types. I'm sure all the other owners would thing that is a great starting point as well.

Dynasty 350 - My New Baby
    Millermatic 210 Mig with Spoolmate 3035
    Miller Thunderbolt XL 225/150 AC/DC Stick Welder
    Miller Specturm 625 Plasma Cutter
    Speedglas 9100 auto dark helmet
    Jackson auto dark helmet
    18.5 CFM Eagle Compressor
    Oxy/Act
    Horizontal Band Saw
    Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
    7 1/2 Dewalt Angle Grinder
    4 - 4 1/2" Sears Angle Grinders
    1 - 4" Makita Angle Grinder
    2 - IR Die Grinders
    All of which my wife says will be a "he$$ of a garage sale"

I would as well. I just got this thing, and it really is cool, except Im kind of lost with all the hidden menu's.. I read the manual, ha, I still couldnt figure some stuff out till I searched on here... Probably alot more that could be said about how to use these machines to their fullest..
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Where do I send my check???

Have you checked these http://www.millerwelds.com/education...pamphlets.html in the resources banner
    They can be downloaded PDF format for free.
    Or the best deal is the student package for $25.00 comes with all 3 Calculators.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/education/tools/
    Or the Lincoln's Procedure handbook http://www.jflf.org/
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

PT
    yes there are some good beginner booklets there BUT not what we are looking for..... what we need is a Handbook titled something like

"ADVANCED INVERTER TIG WELDING TECHNIQUES"

that would go into some depth on the advanced capabilities of the Dynasty machines.... I have been looking and have not found this book yet.. it probably has not been written yet....

How about it Miller???? you would sell a ton of books to those of us who have already invested in the technology.... and sell new machines to the users who are trying to understand and justify the double sized price of an inverter compared to a conventional machine.

Tnx
    Heiti

+10

please

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    PT

"ADVANCED INVERTER TIG WELDING TECHNIQUES"

Heiti
    http://www.millerwelds.com/education...rticle106.html
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252