Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: nice welds

Unhappy I Apologize For Getting off the Subject

WOW this motor-sports forum has gotten off the subject, that started this thread . And for my involvement I am sorry. I will unsubscribe from this thread. I wish everyone to be the best they can be....Take Care.....Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Do you honestly think I care what some dumb ass gun toting, idea stealing, big mouth, marine with zero respect thinks? EVERYONE save a few clueless noobs think you are a joke. PERIOD. Oh Zap might like you, I forgot about that. Are you going to threaten me like you did some one else? Go ahead, it will proove my point. Keep thinking you are the greatest welder on this forum, you didnt even know a **** 30a spoolgun wasnt its amperage rating. How about when you called around different shops pretending to give them work for a quote, so they could waste their time so you could bid yours?

I am NOT the one lacking credibility here....

BTW, you are the only "Marine" I have ever seen act extremely disrespectful since day 1 here.... Nice to know what we are letting through the doors these days....

This is truly funny, you get proved wrong, so hey lets try and fabricate other things that never came out of my mouth. 1 Never said I was the best, 2 yes I did call around shops quoting prices, only after you loudmouth high on your horse retards decided to give me a hard time and not help me, so yes I decided to adapt and overcome, and handle it my way, which even to this day, other people on this forum said is not wrong to do, 3 and final, Im still learning as a welder, and Im man enough to admit that. Another thing, I give the same amount of respect someone gives me, and so you guys got what was coming to you.

All in all, the others that attacked me on this forum, I have to commend them, because they were man enough to let it go, and let bygons be bygons which is how a man is supposed to act. So in short, you have nothing on me, and again you losing credibility. You say Im the most disrespectful Marine out their, but really the fact about it, if you or anyone was to approach me or another Marine in the manner that you are doing here, you would probably end up going home bloody, thats all I said. Respect should also be given on the internet as well, and shouldnt be discounted because your a sniveling coward hiding behind a computer screen. So go ahead, and keep talking internet tough guy, your just blowing hot air. Again, cheers, and please have a frigin beer, and calm down. Cheers!
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Default Cruz

That cracks me up,I guess no one ever calls the competiton to see what their prices are? Only the stupid ones dont and they are the ones still doing work for prices set in the 1950s and complaining they have no money.people price shop all the time nothing wrong with that whatsoever.Business owners who want to stay in business make it a point to pay attention to their competiton.Mike

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    This is truly funny, you get proved wrong, so hey lets try and fabricate other things that never came out of my mouth. 1 Never said I was the best, 2 yes I did call around shops quoting prices, only after you loudmouth high on your horse retards decided to give me a hard time and not help me, so yes I decided to adapt and overcome, and handle it my way, which even to this day, other people on this forum said is not wrong to do, 3 and final, Im still learning as a welder, and Im man enough to admit that. Another thing, I give the same amount of respect someone gives me, and so you guys got what was coming to you.

All in all, the others that attacked me on this forum, I have to commend them, because they were man enough to let it go, and let bygons be bygons which is how a man is supposed to act. So in short, you have nothing on me, and again you losing credibility. You say Im the most disrespectful Marine out their, but really the fact about it, if you or anyone was to approach me or another Marine in the manner that you are doing here, you would probably end up going home bloody, thats all I said. Respect should also be given on the internet as well, and shouldnt be discounted because your a sniveling coward hiding behind a computer screen. So go ahead, and keep talking internet tough guy, your just blowing hot air. Again, cheers, and please have a frigin beer, and calm down. Cheers!
    You want to talk about respect?

Where was the respect for other business owners and their time when you called up asking for estimates? I don't care who says that's ok, I can't dig that. Putting together a good estimate takes time and thought, both of which are valuable. You cheated those owners out of both. Plenty of help was available in that thread, but you wanted a cut and dried answer that wasn't forthcoming.

How about respect for the skills of other welders? This is at least the 2nd thread I've seen where instead of a "well done" you throw out the "I could do that with some practice." And then you post the same pics you always post, which, while showing potential, don't show the level of workmanship that the threads were started on.

And respecting other posters? Please. Over and over again you come of as the immature punk. From the threads that the mods had to get involved in, to taking a thread's subject and spouting out crap that you think will make you look smart(like the aluminum to steel thread) but really has nothing to do with the topic, you show very little respect to anyone.

Maybe some of those things are bygones, but it's obviously not out of your system. Grow up man.

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    You want to talk about respect?

Where was the respect for other business owners and their time when you called up asking for estimates? I don't care who says that's ok, I can't dig that. Putting together a good estimate takes time and thought, both of which are valuable. You cheated those owners out of both. Plenty of help was available in that thread, but you wanted a cut and dried answer that wasn't forthcoming.

How about respect for the skills of other welders? This is at least the 2nd thread I've seen where instead of a "well done" you throw out the "I could do that with some practice." And then you post the same pics you always post, which, while showing potential, don't show the level of workmanship that the threads were started on.

And respecting other posters? Please. Over and over again you come of as the immature punk. From the threads that the mods had to get involved in, to taking a thread's subject and spouting out crap that you think will make you look smart(like the aluminum to steel thread) but really has nothing to do with the topic, you show very little respect to anyone.

Maybe some of those things are bygones, but it's obviously not out of your system. Grow up man.

Okay, lets just cut the crap. While, I didnt see it at the time, after it was brought to my attention I can see what I did was a little wrong, but at the time, I didnt see it like that, and my goal wasnt to cheat anybody out of anything. You say I show little respect for anyone, but i see on a daily basis, you guys act all high and mighty and give newbies a hard time, so dont come to me about respect. Your right, I should of said Good Job, you are right, and sorry that I didnt say that, and coming off like an immature punk is not me, and Im sorry for that as well, but if you knew me in person, you would know Im anything but immature, but you dont, and all you got to go off of is one incident, and to me my friend is not right to judge someone's worth over one incident. Im sure if I was to dig into your personal life you would have allot more than one bad incident, but Im not here to judge, nor to hold anything against you, so just drop it. It seems your the most bothered by it, so Im glad you got it out of your system. You take it as a threat to your welding manhood when someone comes on here, and shows or says that they can match or pump out really nice welds, and I get the feeling the little green monster gets the best of some, and things are said. Im not here to make people feel like their welds look like crap, or to rub things in peoples faces, Im not that person, and really you got me all wrong. Im the kinda guy, that would lend out his welding equipment to friends, or take the shirt off his back to help another, not some high school punk with something to prove, so dont label me as such. I really wish you can put all this crap behind us and move on, because it really does disrespect the gent that started this thread to begin with. Im calling it quits with you man, and I will no longer post in this thread, because its going nowhere, and not what I wanted to happen. I consider myself a professional, and as such, I right here, call a truce, and be the first to apologize for any actions that may of insulted or caused disrespect, but know this, I will give you or anyone the same respect you give me, and thats only fair.

None of the Rangers or Seals I've known would ever mention someone ending up bloody. Ever. There's a time and place for that, but they'd just kill you if it came to that. I guess it's the difference between having had to pull the trigger and knowing you're ending another's life vs how macho it seems before you've had to do it.

Talking up use of force on the web is childish and unbecoming. Even if you claim it wouldn't be coming from you (it's so obvious you're trying to imply it would). "I'm gonna kick your butt" is so, well, 8th grade.

As for calling the competition and price checking - nothing wrong with that. But doing it on a print that someone else is having you bid for the sole purpose of finding your price is cheesy.

You don't want to be the cheapest guy in town. That's how you go broke doing crap work you wouldn't really want anyway.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    Okay, lets just cut the crap. While, I didnt see it at the time, after it was brought to my attention I can see what I did was a little wrong, but at the time, I didnt see it like that, and my goal wasnt to cheat anybody out of anything. You say I show little respect for anyone, but i see on a daily basis, you guys act all high and mighty and give newbies a hard time, so dont come to me about respect. Your right, I should of said Good Job, you are right, and sorry that I didnt say that, and coming off like an immature punk is not me, and Im sorry for that as well, but if you knew me in person, you would know Im anything but immature, but you dont, and all you got to go off of is one incident, and to me my friend is not right to judge someone's worth over one incident. Im sure if I was to dig into your personal life you would have allot more than one bad incident, but Im not here to judge, nor to hold anything against you, so just drop it. It seems your the most bothered by it, so Im glad you got it out of your system. You take it as a threat to your welding manhood when someone comes on here, and shows or says that they can match or pump out really nice welds, and I get the feeling the little green monster gets the best of some, and things are said. Im not here to make people feel like their welds look like crap, or to rub things in peoples faces, Im not that person, and really you got me all wrong. Im the kinda guy, that would lend out his welding equipment to friends, or take the shirt off his back to help another, not some high school punk with something to prove, so dont label me as such. I really wish you can put all this crap behind us and move on, because it really does disrespect the gent that started this thread to begin with. Im calling it quits with you man, and I will no longer post in this thread, because its going nowhere, and not what I wanted to happen. I consider myself a professional, and as such, I right here, call a truce, and be the first to apologize for any actions that may of insulted or caused disrespect, but know this, I will give you or anyone the same respect you give me, and thats only fair.
    What the **** are you even talking about?

Don't you dare turn this around on me. I've got no issue giving people their due, which is why I posted in here in the first place. The ENTIRE reason I posted at all in here was because you DIDN'T give the guy his due(which you now admit, bravo). And it's not just you, I see it everywhere, which is why it drives me nuts. Be secure in your skills and don't be afraid to tell someone else they did a terrific job, as opposed to "I could/can/could with practice do that".

I've never given a newbie a hard time on this forum, so perhaps you've got me confused with someone else? Seriously, there's nothing like throwing a bunch crap against the wall, hoping it sticks, and then saying "peace, I'm out." A truce is only as good as your next post, and your apology won't mean squat if you do the same dumb stuff again. If you really did learn, then that's beyond awesome, and I'll look forward to seeing productive and mature posts in your future.

Speaking of giving their due - jdustu, those bike/car's you do are awesome.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Speaking of giving their due - jdustu, those bike/car's you do are awesome.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    None of the Rangers or Seals I've known would ever mention someone ending up bloody. Ever.

Did you know allot of them, because this contradicts what I have experienced. To say everyone whether in uniform with the navy, army, marines, acts all the same is kinda silly. Even though in uniform, everyone is their own individual, and what you describe is the perfect stereotype, and we all know we shouldnt stereotype. Im a Marine with a short fuse, as some of us Marines are, and that is not a bad thing according to Marine Corps standards. I dont play the macho card, and if ever came the time I had to pull a trigger, I wouldnt think twice, and then go have lunch. Macho has nothing to do with the mentality of a killer in the military, just thought Id share that with you.