Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: nice welds

I love how you think 9 out of 13 is some statistical extrapolation. We had 13 drill sergeants, 9 of them were Rangers. That number was explicit to my BCT company, where the CO was also a Ranger (who had also been through the ranks as enlisted prior to OCS). I'd have to make a list of all the others I've known. It started when I was probably 6 or 7 and I've worked with many over the 25 years since then.

I don't care that you feel the need to pack heat to work in your driveway. That just doesn't paint a good picture of how well your neighbors receive you, and you ain't exactly makin friends here either if you catch my drift.

Snappy come back? I'm just doing what you seem to claim you're doing - telling it how I see it. Maybe we're both wrong.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    Where did I attack you? Where did you prove me wrong? What did I "throw against the wall?" YOU told me I gave newbies a hard time. Blatantly false. You told me I won't give people their due. Blatantly false. And every point I made about you is pretty well documented in this thread and on this site. In the matter of logic, you fail.

You know what man, you win, I lose, and so If I say that can we just get back on to topic of the thread.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Quote Originally Posted by strictlycarved View Post
    Hey so i started Tig like 2 months ago. and just threw a bead down practice of course and welded it vert down. any pointers about how to improve. thanks.
    Holy $hit! A welding question on a welding forum...what a novel idea! Do you have a better pic, it's really hard to see. It does look like a dot of porosity in the middle? As suggested I would start a new thread and post a pic since this one has become a pissing contest.

Tom
    Tom
    Dynasty SD
    Millermatic 130

"Too Bad Those Who Know It All Can't Do it All"

Oh that dot was from my hand slipping i pulled the torch of from the bottom and i guess i wasnt paying attention and it struck an arc, but yea ill try to get a better pic, thanks for all the support this forum has really helped with my welding since im self taught. i just made friends with a local pipe welder and he is helping me get my structural cert i believe its a d1.1 not sure. but anyway thanks.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

wow! Did this thread ever go from some beautiful welds into a ding-ding slingfest. Most forums I've been on (and I've helped create one myself) have an ignore feature. You two might see if there's one on here and use it because it appears it's just not getting let go of. Just a suggestion.

I hope to be able to weld as beautifully as those at the beginning of this forum someday and I believe with enough practice I will.

Cruz, I worked with spec ops for years, my father was a seal, my uncle is a seal, and one of my primary clients when I was in was 5th Special Forces Group out of Ft. Campbell. None of those guys talked much about business, they were all consummate professionals, and none of them ever seemed to think that killing makes a man of you, moreover it to them was something distasteful that needed doing to folks that most often richly deserved it, but definitely not something to brag about. Anyhoo I'm off to go buy some aluminum. I hope you gents enjoy the rest of your day.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Quote Originally Posted by UH60LCHIEF View Post

Cruz, I worked with spec ops for years, my father was a seal, my uncle is a seal, and one of my primary clients when I was in was 5th Special Forces Group out of Ft. Campbell. None of those guys talked much about business, they were all consummate professionals, and none of them ever seemed to think that killing makes a man of you, moreover it to them was something distasteful that needed doing to folks that most often richly deserved it, but definitely not something to brag about. Anyhoo I'm off to go buy some aluminum. I hope you gents enjoy the rest of your day.

I commend you for your rich family military background, and I respect all branches, but Im not sure if you read my post. I never glorified death or killing. I simply said that if it needed to be done, Id do it, no questions asked, no regrets. I never once tried to make it seem that killing is something to be talked about, nor glorified, but you do what your training has taught you, when god forbid the time comes to call. Please re-read my post, and not go off of the internet version of telephone. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    That cracks me up,I guess no one ever calls the competiton to see what their prices are? Only the stupid ones dont and they are the ones still doing work for prices set in the 1950s and complaining they have no money.people price shop all the time nothing wrong with that whatsoever.Business owners who want to stay in business make it a point to pay attention to their competiton.Mike
    14yrs in business "NEVER DONE IT ONCE"!!!Sorry don,t agree with ya,s there.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Quote Originally Posted by admweld View Post
    14yrs in business "NEVER DONE IT ONCE"!!!Sorry don,t agree with ya,s there.

So their is two sides of the spectrum after all! No not a miller spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    So their is two sides of the spectrum after all! No not a miller spectrum
    yeah the side with the knobs, and the side with the plug
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by dpansier View Post
    Best welding I've seen on Aluminum, this guy is gifted.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=1282128&postc
    I've seeing this link on other site, *****in welds...

MILLER MIG 252
    MILLER TIG syncrowave 180 SD
    DIGITAL ELITE INFERNO HELMET
    MILLER MIG 175 (SOLD)
    MILLER PLASMA 375 (SOLD)