Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: nice welds

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Only several dozen over the years. 9 of the 13 cadre in my basic training company were, and the CO was as well. They were all professionals.

    I don't know how what I've said is stereotypical. They're calm and collected people. You on the other hand, even in that last reply brag up being a tough guy. "if ever came the time I had to pull a trigger, I wouldnt think twice, and then go have lunch." Maybe if you had done it, you might not be so flip about it now.

    Honestly, the way you talk makes me think the only Marine Corp in you is having memorized Full Metal Jacket. No wonder you won't leave the house without your sidearm. It's classic little man syndrome.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

    Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    What the **** are you even talking about?

    Don't you dare turn this around on me. I've got no issue giving people their due, which is why I posted in here in the first place. The ENTIRE reason I posted at all in here was because you DIDN'T give the guy his due(which you now admit, bravo). And it's not just you, I see it everywhere, which is why it drives me nuts. Be secure in your skills and don't be afraid to tell someone else they did a terrific job, as opposed to "I could/can/could with practice do that".

    I've never given a newbie a hard time on this forum, so perhaps you've got me confused with someone else? Seriously, there's nothing like throwing a bunch crap against the wall, hoping it sticks, and then saying "peace, I'm out." A truce is only as good as your next post, and your apology won't mean squat if you do the same dumb stuff again. If you really did learn, then that's beyond awesome, and I'll look forward to seeing productive and mature posts in your future.

    So you think its right to bring up crap and attack me personally, because I didnt give a guy his due unintentionally. Which you pretty much did like you said "throwing a bunch of crap against the wall, hoping it sticks". When I proved you wrong on the first accusation, you moved to a second, and a third, trying to get something to stick, and I did eventually take blame in the matter of the quote calling, but the fact that you had to come at me, because you didnt agree with me agreeing with what urch had to say which was right on the money, about that anything can be learned. Im not trying to turn it around on you, but you do hold fault in this as well, and thats is what Im getting at. I really do want to end this, but its gonna take both parties, to come to an agreement here, and I will hold my end of the bargain respectfully. Cheers buddy!
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Only several dozen over the years. 9 of the 13 cadre in my basic training company were, and the CO was as well. They were all professionals.

    I don't know how what I've said is stereotypical. They're calm and collected people. You on the other hand, even in that last reply brag up being a tough guy. "if ever came the time I had to pull a trigger, I wouldnt think twice, and then go have lunch." Maybe if you had done it, you might not be so flip about it now.

    Honestly, the way you talk makes me think the only Marine Corp in you is having memorized Full Metal Jacket. No wonder you won't leave the house without your sidearm. It's classic little man syndrome.


    You know, I wouldnt expect anything less than what you just posted, thank you for proving me right. Good day, dr. phil

    By the way 9 of 13, wow, thats allot compared to the 100's of thousands of them! Your such a tool, lol.
    Last edited by usmcruz; 06-22-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    That was just my basic training company. That's not including everyone else I served under and have known before and after my time in service.

    As for Marines, you don't fit the mold either.

    Justin was a super hyper kid I knew growing up. Couldn't sit still. Couldn't behave to save himself. Constantly getting in trouble and completely devoid of direction. He was 1 or 2 years younger than me and I lost track of him when I graduated HS. I ran into him 4 years later and it was almost shocking to see the man he'd become. Completely focused, very calm, collected, Sharp. Turned out, he joined the corps after HS (probably because his grades were such as to eliminate college as a possibility) and became a cook there. A remarkable transformation.

    No one I've known in the military has the pvt pyle killer complex you want to assume online. Special Forces or not. None of them puffs their chest as much as you do here.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

    Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Hey so i started Tig like 2 months ago. and just threw a bead down practice of course and welded it vert down. any pointers about how to improve. thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mt. Clemens, Michigan
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strictlycarved View Post
    Hey so i started Tig like 2 months ago. and just threw a bead down practice of course and welded it vert down. any pointers about how to improve. thanks.
    I'd get some better pics and start a new thread

    It's kind of hard to see much in that picture....one thing I can say, is that typically I'd go up in that situation.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    That was just my basic training company. That's not including everyone else I served under and have known before and after my time in service.

    As for Marines, you don't fit the mold either.

    Justin was a super hyper kid I knew growing up. Couldn't sit still. Couldn't behave to save himself. Constantly getting in trouble and completely devoid of direction. He was 1 or 2 years younger than me and I lost track of him when I graduated HS. I ran into him 4 years later and it was almost shocking to see the man he'd become. Completely focused, very calm, collected, Sharp. Turned out, he joined the corps after HS (probably because his grades were such as to eliminate college as a possibility) and became a cook there. A remarkable transformation.

    No one I've known in the military has the pvt pyle killer complex you want to assume online. Special Forces or not. None of them puffs their chest as much as you do here.

    He went from a super hyper kid, to a cool calm collective Marine, because the corpsman was slipping ridulin into his MRE's. Sorry I couldnt resist. Not all Marines are created equal, and I apologize for being a supposed chest puffer, for now on, I will depuff my chest and start acting like I joined the Marine Corps full contact basket weaving team. I assume nothing online, this is who I am, whether you want to accept it or not, its not an act of machoism, or an attempt to try to convince myself that Im a man everyday, as you claim, this is me uncut, plain and simple, and Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you never being in the Corps Im sorry to say that you have no clue what a Marine acts like. I can say that you dont fit the mold as a honest, self abiding, love your fellow man, respectful, grown up, united states citizen, out of the 9 of 13 people that Ive encountered in my life, and Im apalled by your childish behavior. I admit, I am cocky at times, but Im from brooklyn, and that I can say stayed with me even after I went into the Corps. Im sorry you dont like who I am, and their will be people in life just like you that will hate people just to hate people, and Im okay with that, but if it bothers you that much, then put all your concerns into the suggestion box, and Pvt Pyles puffer HR department will get back to you shortly. Now can we get back to the thread, or are you gonna come back with a snippy comeback. To be honest, I aint even mad, I just want it to end, so let shake on it, and let it lay.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strictlycarved View Post
    Hey so i started Tig like 2 months ago. and just threw a bead down practice of course and welded it vert down. any pointers about how to improve. thanks.


    Fron what I can see, it looks good brother, especially if you welded that vertical down. The blue bands around the heat affected zone, tell me that your heat was about right. Keep up the good work!
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Looks just a little slow on torch movement...to me. Id say you probably have good penetration, and its definitely not bad for vert down.

    Looks like you werent too bad with the fill rod consistancy, but give that a bit more practice, get a little rythm going.

    Just keep on burning metal, and working on fill consistancy, experience and time behind the torch are the best teachers.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mt. Clemens, Michigan
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    So you think its right to bring up crap and attack me personally, because I didnt give a guy his due unintentionally. Which you pretty much did like you said "throwing a bunch of crap against the wall, hoping it sticks". When I proved you wrong on the first accusation, you moved to a second, and a third, trying to get something to stick, and I did eventually take blame in the matter of the quote calling, but the fact that you had to come at me, because you didnt agree with me agreeing with what urch had to say which was right on the money, about that anything can be learned. Im not trying to turn it around on you, but you do hold fault in this as well, and thats is what Im getting at. I really do want to end this, but its gonna take both parties, to come to an agreement here, and I will hold my end of the bargain respectfully. Cheers buddy!

    Where did I attack you? Where did you prove me wrong? What did I "throw against the wall?" YOU told me I gave newbies a hard time. Blatantly false. You told me I won't give people their due. Blatantly false. And every point I made about you is pretty well documented in this thread and on this site. In the matter of logic, you fail.

    If you guys are so dead set on believing that any level of greatness can be learned, prove it. Go lock yourself in a room with a piano for the next 10 years and see if you can become Chopin. Do nothing but put hard work and practice into playing basketball and see if you become the next Jordan. Maybe you could take up writing and write the next great novel Dostoevsky?

    Not everyone has the same ceiling, THAT'S my point. The majority of people, no matter how hard they practice, won't make welds like that, period. That's why I give him props.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.