Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: nice welds

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urch55 View Post
    I think you are in the wrong business.. You should be a motivation speaker, I think the middle east needs one..
    I am glad that America in general did not have that attitude, otherwise we would not even have buzz boxes. We would still be making things out of stone and bones..
    I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to be the best you can be and having welds like the ones in the video or the ones that USMCRUS lays down is not out of the question..
    I do realize there are lazy and could not give a care people around, but you should not judge all by just a few. I would like to think that the people here on the Miller Forum is here to share thier talents, and to help each other in the welding and fabricating trade. So that we will be able to lay down a weld that's perfect. We are not here to learn how to play the guitar like Eric Clapton, I am sure there are forums for that.
    And if some one told me I would never be able to lay down the perfect weld, I would say" TALK TO THE HAND AND WATCH ME " Check out James 1:2-8
    We all should go to the inventor of welding for wisdom to apply knowledge.
    And to all that reads this don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it. because the truth is, you can if you want to....
    Bob
    Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....

    As far as people go, no, not EVERYONE can weld like that, no matter how much they are taught, it is a skill, some things cant be learned or bought, you do need ability do do certain things in life. I believe that was josh's point. And I agree completely.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    Next time I get tasked with tig welding something, I will snap a picture, but here is a picture of a coupler i welded in when i first started out tig welding for a homebrewing buddy for making beer.
    I think I remember that discussion about the beer project, looks like you have had a lot of practice since then.Mike

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mt. Clemens, Michigan
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....

    As far as people go, no, not EVERYONE can weld like that, no matter how much they are taught, it is a skill, some things cant be learned or bought, you do need ability do do certain things in life. I believe that was josh's point. And I agree completely.

    Yeah, that's my only point. Obviously the Clapton analogy went over a couple heads.

    I'm not trying to bring anyone down. Nowhere did I say you should stop trying, or that you're not going to amount to anything. Hard work and practice will get you the most out of your natural talent. But not everyone is born with the same natural talent.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....


    hmmmmm what, spit it out junior, what you getting at?, and by the way, lets agree to disagree, because I will never see your point in the matter that every welder cant be that good. Everything is learned, and only the determined will master their trade.



    Thanks Crawdaddy, the shipyard that hired me on as their primary tig welder, helped me out allot and taught me allot of stuff I didnt know. I say primary because the veteran tig welder that taught me so much, retired, and little did I know I was his replacement all along and I didnt know. The beads I laid down impressed the veteran welder, and whenever I would weld up a project, he would say, "Looks good john jr!" (john is his name, and Jr, because I was taking his place) I finally got it, when he gave me all his tig stuff one day, and said, "its been nice working with ya, Im going fishin!" lol. Yeah, after that I had lots of time to practice. By the way, Im still doing the beer thing, and if your ever in florida look me up, and I will hook you up with a half dozen pints.
    Last edited by usmcruz; 06-21-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulfport, Florida
    Posts
    440

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....

    As far as people go, no, not EVERYONE can weld like that, no matter how much they are taught, it is a skill, some things cant be learned or bought, you do need ability do do certain things in life. I believe that was josh's point. And I agree completely.
    No one came out of their Mothers womb with a tig torch ready and able to weld. Everyone that welds today had to learn it by some means,If it was self taught or trade school,or union or by a family member/coworker etc you get the idea. We all had to learn, some have reached their pinnacle and others like myself is still working on reaching my pinnacle. If some one is willing to learn they can be taught, and of course if you have a talent that can be tapped into that will make it even easier. But if you have no desire to weld then do some else that turns you on. After all if every one was welders, where will we get the food to eat the would be no farmers. That sounds pretty dumb. Every one has their talents and that is what needs to be tapped into so you can be victorious in life... I don't tell you what to say in your comment, so I expect the same respect from you, even if I am from Florida...
    Bob

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    241

    Default Cruz..

    I appreciate the offer.thanks Mike

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    hmmmmm what, spit it out junior, what you getting at?, and by the way, lets agree to disagree, because I will never see your point in the matter that every welder cant be that good. Everything is learned, and only the determined will master their trade.



    Thanks Crawdaddy, the shipyard that hired me on as their primary tig welder, helped me out allot and taught me allot of stuff I didnt know. I say primary because the veteran tig welder that taught me so much, retired, and little did I know I was his replacement all along and I didnt know. The beads I laid down impressed the veteran welder, and whenever I would weld up a project, he would say, "Looks good john jr!" (john is his name, and Jr, because I was taking his place) I finally got it, when he gave me all his tig stuff one day, and said, "its been nice working with ya, Im going fishin!" lol. Yeah, after that I had lots of time to practice. By the way, Im still doing the beer thing, and if your ever in florida look me up, and I will hook you up with a half dozen pints.

    Whatever, Im no junior, why dont you steal someone else's brewery plans?

    Or get your 30 amp spoolgun....


    Urch55, I just found it ironic you and mr cruz are in agreement, thats where the florida statemnt was from, I have no problems with floridians, in general....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulfport, Florida
    Posts
    440

    Thumbs up Cracker Country

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Whatever, Im no junior, why dont you steal someone else's brewery plans?

    Or get your 30 amp spoolgun....


    Urch55, I just found it ironic you and mr cruz are in agreement, thats where the florida statemnt was from, I have no problems with floridians, in general....
    I don't know what difference that makes. You agree with some one else big deal. why do you want to be friends,? keep in mind now that I am a Florida Cracker...
    Bob

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In wal-mart
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Whatever, Im no junior, why dont you steal someone else's brewery plans?


    Listen idiot, I never said they were my plans, and if you go on the brewing website, the thread I started on the build was titled "Look familiar lonnie", which lonnie mac was the man that drew up the plans, and knew I was building it. I posted the build over here to show what I was making because it involved allot of welding, because this is the Miller welding forum right. Re-read the thread, I never claimed it was mine. Whats the matter, your calves hurt, from all the back pedaling your gonna be doing. These are one of these moments where you wish you wouldnt of opened your mouth, and say something you lacked info on, only to make yourself lose what credibility you have left. By the way, Cheers, I raise a pint to you!
    Last edited by usmcruz; 06-22-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    Listen idiot, I never said they were my plans, and if you go on the brewing website, the thread I started on the build was titled "Look familiar lonnie", which lonnie mac was the man that drew up the plans, and knew I was building it. I posted the build over here to show what I was making because it involved allot of welding, because this is the Miller welding forum right. Re-read the thread, I never claimed it was mine. Whats the matter, your calves hurt, from all the back pedaling your gonna be doing. These are one of these moments where you wish you wouldnt of opened your mouth, and say something you lacked info on, only to make yourself lose what credibility you have left. By the way, Cheers, I raise a pint to you!
    Do you honestly think I care what some dumb ass gun toting, idea stealing, big mouth, marine with zero respect thinks? EVERYONE save a few clueless noobs think you are a joke. PERIOD. Oh Zap might like you, I forgot about that. Are you going to threaten me like you did some one else? Go ahead, it will proove my point. Keep thinking you are the greatest welder on this forum, you didnt even know a **** 30a spoolgun wasnt its amperage rating. How about when you called around different shops pretending to give them work for a quote, so they could waste their time so you could bid yours?

    I am NOT the one lacking credibility here....

    BTW, you are the only "Marine" I have ever seen act extremely disrespectful since day 1 here.... Nice to know what we are letting through the doors these days....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137