Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: nice welds

Default nice welds

reading a dodge bulletin board, saw this photo of a gusseted front axle. these welds are really pretty.

this material is probably fairly thick. what type of welder would make this bead and what material do you think they used on this part? mild steel ... cromoly ... TIG ... MIG ?? there is some talented folks out there in this world, jeeze...i really suck.

maybe i need to spend more time cleaning and preping the area to be welded, get a good ground and dont weld until i am more comfortable with my hand position.

definitley TIG welds for sure. and that is some amazing welds.

I've seen some pulse mig welds look like tig. But I would say thats looking like tig
    Brian C.
    Turbobrian Fabrication LLc.
    Miller D165
    Miller 140
    Miller Digital Elite

As a rookie welder I am always amazed when I see welds like that.If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it.HOW do you get such wide weld beads?I am assuming a large tungsten and high amps while moving very quickly otherwise it seems you would get way too much heat in the part,any input would be appreciated.Mike

Moving side to side. This guy has a very steady hand. Looks almost robotic.
    Brian C.
    Turbobrian Fabrication LLc.
    Miller D165
    Miller 140
    Miller Digital Elite

Default Nice welds

Best welding I've seen on Aluminum, this guy is gifted.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=1282128&postc

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    As a rookie welder I am always amazed when I see welds like that.If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it.HOW do you get such wide weld beads?I am assuming a large tungsten and high amps while moving very quickly otherwise it seems you would get way too much heat in the part,any input would be appreciated.Mike
    Looks like they were "walking the cup" for the wide beads... common in TIG pipe welding. High amps and fast movement. It look's like your trying to drive the torch down into the piece being welded.
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Thumbs up Have Faith Boys and Girls

It looks like so far we all agree Tig. As far as materials I would say mild steel. And the ball joint mounts are going to be cast steel alloy, not cast iron. And just think in time we all could and will weld like this. We have to keep the faith..CAN I GET AN AMEN.??????
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by urch55 View Post
    It looks like so far we all agree Tig. As far as materials I would say mild steel. And the ball joint mounts are going to be cast steel alloy, not cast iron. And just think in time we all could and will weld like this. We have to keep the faith..CAN I GET AN AMEN.??????
    Bob
    I don't think I have enough time left to get that good!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Thumbs up Go for the Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    I don't think I have enough time left to get that good!
    Aww lets have some more positive speaking and thinking than that.