Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea Gallery

Default Idea Gallery

I see the Idea Gallery has a way to rate the projects and add a comment. I have 2 questions.
    1.....Is this a survey for Miller?

2.....It looks like each project can only have 5 ratings. Then what?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default New features

Monte,

You have seen some new features (ability to add ratings and comments) we added just *yesterday* to the idea gallery. This is phase one, we plan to add yet more features soon as well, namely being able to add an attachment to projects so that if plans exist, I am able to attach them. When we go live with that feature, people will be able to submit their attachment when submitting it to me to put on the idea gallery. If you or anyone else has plans for projects that are on the idea gallery, by all means, e-mail them to me at webmaster "at" millerwelds.com and I will add them when that feature goes live. I also now have the ability to add a description for each project that will fill in when you open each project. That feature is currently live, but I need to go back and add descrptions for the existing projects, where applicable. That's something on my "to do" list.

To answer your questions,

1. No, this is not a survey for Miller. Ratings and comments are features that hopefully add some interactivity to our idea gallery and also in the future will help people search (another new feature) for projects based on rating and see comments from others on this type of project.

2. Not completely sure what you mean that you can only have five ratings per project? If you click on a project to open up the info on that project, maybe it'll make more sense? The top rating is the Average Rating and next to it is the number of people who have voted. For instance, if the average rating is 5 stars, but only one person voted, you can know that so far, only one person has seen that project as great. The lower row of stars is a place for you to cast your own vote. You can give the projects up to five stars (five, being the best). I believe you can change your vote per project if you like, but in the end, you only get one vote per project.

Hope that clears a few things up for you?

Thanks for asking

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Monte,

You have seen some new features (ability to add ratings and comments) we added just *yesterday* to the idea gallery. This is phase one, we plan to add yet more features soon as well, namely being able to add an attachment to projects so that if plans exist, I am able to attach them. When we go live with that feature, people will be able to submit their attachment when submitting it to me to put on the idea gallery. If you or anyone else has plans for projects that are on the idea gallery, by all means, e-mail them to me at webmaster "at" millerwelds.com and I will add them when that feature goes live. I also now have the ability to add a description for each project that will fill in when you open each project. That feature is currently live, but I need to go back and add descrptions for the existing projects, where applicable. That's something on my "to do" list.

To answer your questions,

1. No, this is not a survey for Miller. Ratings and comments are features that hopefully add some interactivity to our idea gallery and also in the future will help people search (another new feature) for projects based on rating and see comments from others on this type of project.

2. Not completely sure what you mean that you can only have five ratings per project? If you click on a project to open up the info on that project, maybe it'll make more sense? The top rating is the Average Rating and next to it is the number of people who have voted. For instance, if the average rating is 5 stars, but only one person voted, you can know that so far, only one person has seen that project as great. The lower row of stars is a place for you to cast your own vote. You can give the projects up to five stars (five, being the best). I believe you can change your vote per project if you like, but in the end, you only get one vote per project.

Hope that clears a few things up for you?

Thanks for asking
    I saw what appear to be 5 zeros and I figured that was the total ratings. If not, what are the zeros for. Thanks for getting back..........Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Default Zeros?

I guess I'm not sure what you're talking about? Maybe there's some type of display issue going on here? If there are no ratings, it would say "avg rating (of 0)" and if there are no comments, it says "0 comments"...I wonder if the stars are showing up as zeros, or? Is there a way you can send me or post a screen shot?

The stars display fine on my IE browser [Win Vista]. Looks to me like the rating (number of stars colored in comes from the average of all those who submitted their rating how many that might be, good job there.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

I think I figured it out. When viewing the thumbnails, under the pic on the left side is 5 zeros in a vertical row. When someone rates the project, the zeros will change to little stars depending on what rating they have received. Is this the way yours is displayed.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

This a screenshot of what I see. The only zeros I can see are when there have been no ratings submitted. What browser and operating system are you using?

Last edited by Sundown; 09-07-2007 at 08:30 AM.
    Regards, George

Mine is different. How did you get your screen shot on the post?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Mine is different. How did you get your screen shot on the post?
    Hit the print screen key, close the window and go to MS-Paint and open a blank screen, in the edit tab select paste and it should copy it to the screen, then I croped it and saved it using save as as a .jpeg file. Then I copied it to my free account at photobucket, and copied the photobucket link in the post with the [IMG] feature.
    Regards, George

Thanks Sundown...............you lost me at Print screen............I'll let my wife figure it out.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge