Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Arrow Miller Diagnostics / Access & Codes

Hi Guys,

New guy here. Not new to the game, but have a new (mildly used) Miller Dynasty 200DX.
    I've been cruising the site for a while now and have been looking for the documentation on what buttons to push to get to the Diagnostics on these machines. In particular, I'd like to know how to get the number of hours on my machine as well as to check on its general health if possible.

I'll probably have a lot of other questions as time goes on and hope to not make a general pest of myself. I'm new to TIG but taught myself how to gas weld about 40 years ago after getting a couple pointers from a friend. Then moved up to Stick, then to MIG to do a better job on the trailers and chassis I was building. Now I'd really like to take that next step.
    Aluminum welding has always intrigued me. I did some about 10 years or so ago with my Gas rig and found it trickier than all get-out.. There's got to be a better way? Tell me it's so!

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Regards - Randy

Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart BetaMig 251
    Oxy/Acetylene
    Lincoln 225 BuzzBox
    Current Project;
    http://www.GT-Forty.com

Oh it's so dude...and you've got the machine to make it happen.
    Download the manual from the resources tab above and get the hrs info.
    I don't know if there is other stuff on there for the repair guys or not tho.
    Welcome to the forum. Nice avatar

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Oh it's so dude...and you've got the machine to make it happen.
    Download the manual from the resources tab above and get the hrs info.
    I don't know if there is other stuff on there for the repair guys or not tho.
    Welcome to the forum. Nice avatar
    Thanks FusionKing!

Less than 10 hours and 2400 Arc count...

Arc Time / Counter Display - Turn on unit while holding Output and Main Amperage switch pads.
    Arc Time is displayed for the first 5 seconds. The first 4 numbers = hours / the last 2 numbers = minutes.
    After 5 seconds, the Arc Count is displayed for 5 seconds
    Regards - Randy

Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart BetaMig 251
    Oxy/Acetylene
    Lincoln 225 BuzzBox
    Current Project;

Forgot to say that I found that information in the manual. Page 48. Just didn't know what to look for I guess...
    Regards - Randy

Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart BetaMig 251
    Oxy/Acetylene
    Lincoln 225 BuzzBox
    Current Project;