Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default In The Truck Market

Im looking to buy a truck to haul my welding trailer and at the same time can be my daily driver. I have put my welding rigging on a 20' tag trailer. I want something that will ride good when not moiving my welding trailer but at the same time I want it to work well handling the 7 1/2'x 20' trailer when taking from job sites. Im leaning toward another 2500, It wasn't over loaded, and went real good. I have never had A 3500 to do this kinda work with and just wanted some opions if I should go with something bigger and suffer for ride or just stick with what I know. Thanks For any thoughts in advance.

PS no matter what I get its gonna be diesel.

Dodge 3500 SRW .. they ride the same as the 2500 but they have overloads on them for when you tie onto the heavy stuff. If you was pulling most of the time I'd say a dually but sounds like a SRW would work just fine for you.. No body beats the Cummins for longevity ask any Hot-Shotter. I know of several with 450 - 500 k miles on them..

My 05 3500 4x4 now has about 40K on it and it gets 20 MPG+ on the hwy. I have a 5500 4x4 with 8K on it it is up to 14 MPG on the hwy.. they both are pullin' units, I pull a 42' GN with the 2 ton and a 32' GN with the 1 ton..

Now is the time to buy with all of the incentives.
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Thanks, but one problem with that there are no new 1 tons SRW trucks in the state it seams. Its hard to find anything in Maine.

Did I mention how stable the dually truck was .. the only thing you have to watch is the width of the rear fenders (I leave the tow mirrors out to remind me of it) ..citified parking lots are a bit tight with them.. On the highway it is very stable. The six speed auto is very smooth and the exhaust brake is NICE as it provides 170+ HP of braking with the flip of a switch.. I leave mine on all of the time..

Here is a link to a diesel truck forum where the TCD (Turbo Cummins Diesel) is popular:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!