Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rig truck help

here are some before pics. this truck is begging for a satin black paint job with miller blue flames across the hood and fenders. an aluminum flatbed to boot. it will take a couple of posts to get all the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

the rest of them. as i do some clean up and get the bed built, i will post more
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

too bad you are not closer to me, there is a nice looking aluminum flat bed for sale about 25-30 mil. from me.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Good score, I see lots and lots and lots of potential. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Glad you found your rig, not the same but....... your started now. Now if i can only find a 1928 Apache for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMER View Post
    Glad you found your rig, not the same but....... your started now. Now if i can only find a 1928 Apache for the wife.

as for the truck, i priced aluminum for the bed and it might be a few side jobs away. so for now, i am going to build a steel frame out of square tubing and then put 2x6 boards down. it is about 2,000 bucks cheaper this way, but soon i will build a flat bed for it out of aluminum.

after changing the shocks, rebuilding the carb, changing all filters and fluids, belts and tires, i drove it down the road today. it has a whole lot power, considering. i now have to change out u-joints...lol. i scrubbed it down with lye and soap, and it cleaned up pretty good. applied a little wax, and the paint is decent. i might wait until good weather to paint (a little humid here). i will post more pics as i go. thanks for keeping up
    Last edited by welder_one; 12-27-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Cool truck. Easy and cheap to get parts for. Probably will stink on gas mileage but its the right price i just built an aluminum flat bed [posted pics] and it was not cheap. I was going to suggest if the steel frame is good just replace the boards but I see you've already came to that conclusion. Keep us posted
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

as you can see from the pics, i think that the guy before me was a carpenter. the frame for the flatbed was also wooden. i poked around on the boards and i couldnt save even the frame. its ok i have ordered steel to make a frame and 2x6 to deck it for now.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

wood is quick easy and most of all cheap. like ya said throw it back together do a few jobs and let it pay for its own bed.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thanks for the pics. Its a mess, but real repairable. Good idea making steel frame and wood floor. If you are going to make another body later, you might want to take good measurements while this old body is off and you can get to the frame easy. Just a thought.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]