Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

same plan of atack with brazing it ?
    pre-heat then slow cool right ? im thinking i dont want to grove it out as much.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Question

monte55
    It looks to me like you could put a plate on each side and sandwich the part
    with bolts.

.......... am i suposed to eat it too.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Do you not understand what I meant?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

i just dont see how i can bolt it back togather ?
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Do you not understand what I meant?
    You're the one who brought up "sandwich"!!
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    It looks to me like you could put a plate on each side and sandwich the part
    with bolts.

You reminded me of the old vice I have on my old horizontal mill.
    Somebody welded it and "sandwiched it"...quite crudely... but I use it and it works fine.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Unhappy

the break point on mine dose not really allow for sandwiching. as its broken in a bad spot for that due to the design.

right now i have a lot else going on right now but will post out some pic's when i get to it ( soon i hope)
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Yuh know....Father's DAY is coming
    If you was my dad I'd buy you one.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default braze

looks like brazing would be cheap and easy, if it breakes again, melt it out and start over, if money is tight try 312 stainless, i was told by the supplier that its ni rod without the filler in the flux, about jb weld, i bought some to fix leaky rusty oilpan in plow truck, worked great, i took 1/4x2 flatbar- ground it clean, washed it with breakclean, put that crap on, clamped it together, let it set- 3 days at 70 degrees wacked it on the table, instantly 2 pieces on floor, jb wont weld

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kirk View Post
    Don't short change the strength of a good brazed joint, I have found that they hold up quite well, in fact better than I would have thought in these types of applications. I have seen many vises brazed and and still take the beating and squeezing abuse just as well after as they did before...But I think the guys that fixed those vises were typically in the front pew every Sunday. go ahead take a crack at it...if you melt it down, no harm you can always put two groves in it and post it on the projects board as an INDUSTRIAL ASH TRAY , and brazing rod is cheap.

k
    This one was braze repaired by some anonymous farmer with an O/A torch long before my time - it's still holding up just fine.

Attached Images Attached Images