Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just Completed Stair Rail Project

Finished and Installed in Local House Glad To be Done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks very nice. Radius rails can be a pain. Did you make your own scrolls?
    Do you have any closeups?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Nice looking job!

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Nice work. I have a round stair way to do in a month or so and am concerned about how to measure it. How did you measure yours.

On another topic, and I hope you don't think I am too critical, but your avatar was the work of another member. In my opinion you should either use your own work, or get permission to use that one.

Awesome! I've done several interior handrails and can really appreciate the skill involved. How did you join the sections? Onsite welding or bolts or...? If welded onsite, what machine do you use?

This is the PM from the original poster that I received in response to a request that he not steal the work of others. I thought my request (on the fourth post) was reasonable and not overly critical. If I am wrong I would certainly correct it. I see that he has also deleted his avatar.

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't know you were Judge and Executioner just trying to show some people a project and help a few out but I see you are more concerned with a 1/2" square picture that a teenage put on for me. Anyone on line can claim anything no proof needed I guess you are the resident smart ass in this forum so the people that have questions of the railing can just keep on asking to may other forums to go to where you don't have to listen to whining smart ass like you. Get Over It. "

Anyhow, I suppose he won't come back and answer questions,
    Last edited by walker; 06-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.

How do we even know that he built those? Maybe stole those pictures from another site.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
    How do we even know that he built those? Maybe stole those pictures from another site.
    How do we know any of you guys can even weld?Or even then are you any good?:
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Minus all the BS, nice job on the stairs!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Smile Curved Stair Rail

Very nice job on the railing. I am interested in the scrolls, particularly the ends. Did you make the scrolls? Can you post some photos of the scroll end detail?
    Thanks for sharing your work.