Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    sounds like you are going to put a lot of weight there. You would probably be better off building the frame rather than utilizing a chassis..To fit some of the various body styles the installers would have to remove cross members weakening the frames. Dodge had a problem with the 3500's cracking on wreckers and coffee trucks because of the missing crossmembers..
    What kind of bed would require to remove a cross members. All that I have ever seen/had installed above the frame.

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 12 RC wire feeder
    Miller HF 251D-1
    Miller 175 wire feed

canteen truck bodies..and some of the wrecker's..In the mid 90's Dodge was having trouble with the frames cracking behind the cab. I don't know if they issued a recall,but I know they had a kit to repair them..The body shop at the dealership I worked for did quite a few of them.

Robbie, how about the alternative of putting that top-heavy service body on your truck, and just making the trailer be the back half of a pickup, complete with the original box? I sometimes tow a trailer with my service-bodied truck, works good enough.

The local tractor junkyard uses a enclosed van body to haul around his tools.I belive he used a trailer axle under it.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137