Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Like Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy tour) says, "You can't fix stupid!"
    Bill

Miller Bobcat 225

Send the new kid on a chase for the raised mesh stretcher as I told him that I cut the mesh one inch to short. Took about 1/2 hour before he came back swearing a little. Our shop is 3 building together plus one across the road.
    Welding shop, steel shop, machine shop everybody knows about the stretcher chase.
    So he goes to 1 guy and this guy gave it to the other that left it across the street with the other guy and so on. Always a blast

I wouldn't call the guy not so bright, it is very easy to get fooled when your young and learning. LOL

We had a kid fresh out of school that knew everything ...we had a bunch of plate to cut and he wanted to do it. I passed him the torch, he's looking at the lines and trying to figure something out (could see the wheels turning). Then he asked me which to turn on first the O or the A. I just looked at him and told him that I thought he would have learned that in school. He said he couldn't remember, to which I replied, "ever light air on fire?" (I know air is 78% Nitrogen, but that wasn't the point). He just looked blank. So I told him to just turn on one and try to light it, when you find the one that produces a flame, that's the right one. He lasted a week .
    Synchrowave 180SD
    Millermatic 252
    Hypertherm 35
    MetalMaster 14" Saw
    Other random stuff.

Sorry, Monte; lotechman and enlpck have it right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current or just Google something like "electric current flow".

(it's not one foot per second, however!)
    Last edited by seattle smitty; 04-29-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    Sorry, Monte; lotechman and enlpck have it right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current or just Google something like "electric current flow".

(it's not one foot per second, however!)
    Don't get your post
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Oh, well. I don't get why you don't get my post, but I should have stayed out of it . . . I'm usually out of it in any case

Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    Oh, well. I don't get why you don't get my post, but I should have stayed out of it . . . I'm usually out of it in any case
    lotechman and enlpck have it right. What are you talking about?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    lotechman and enlpck have it right. What are you talking about?
    Looks like he is refering to comments made on August 11, 2008 starting at post #71. I was confused (Edit: by the comment) as well.

J
    Last edited by bluejay; 04-30-2010 at 06:46 AM.