Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default re: stupidvisors

Not quite in line with the thread but funny.

In the machine shop one day we were trying to figure out how to clamp a warped part, we decided it needed a couple shims under it. the machinist pulls out some shim, looks around and utters someone stole my supervisor tape. I ask what the f**k is supervisor tape. He says you know, double sided tape, aka 2 FACED! Guess the management/employee relationship had deteriorated a little..
    Last edited by Fred Smith; 06-08-2008 at 12:10 AM.
    Frank
    (aka Fred)
    MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
    Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
    Dynasty 300DX
    Spectrum 625
    Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
    Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
    Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

[QUOTE=BDJ;18516]
    Quote Originally Posted by welder_one View Post
    My uncle is a millwright at a lumber yard, years ago he told me the story of a man accidentally cutting his fingers off (hands in the wrong place) while running a trim saw. They were able to put his fingers back on, but later he was showing the safety man and supervisors exactly what happened HE CUT THE SAME FINGERS OFF AGAIN. He promptly lost his job. Almost unbelievable ain't it

That has to be the funniest thing I ever read on the internet. Let me guess was it one of these two?

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    hey man i may be blind ,but i aint that blind ...and NO they do not look better at last call.

here's my woman... see a REAL TEXAS WOMAN
    **** she nice

just this Saturday in the auto parts store:

I'm looking for a check valve that is no longer holding pressure, it flows both ways. After the clerk tells me hes never heard of a check valve in a fuel system, (really, cause I've got one in my hand right now) and how he works on stuff "all the time". And after he tells me they don't even carry the part, when it's pretty obvious to me that it's just as likely he can't manipulate the inventory computer. He then proceeds to reccomend that "if I thought I had a bad check vavle, I'd just bypass it."

yeah, thanks for the free advice. it was worth every penny.
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

me and some friends got into a discussion with this redneck guy from fairbanks, alaska about how fast electricity travels along a wire. he was convinced that it traveled 1 foot per second-- he had seen it on a science show. we kept giving him examples of lightning, etc., and explaining it traveled incredibly fast at nearly the speed of light. but he is not listening-- he knows better than us.

so then one of my friends grabs an old extension cord, cuts the female end off to expose the two wires. my friend says, "here you hold these two wires and i'll plug in the extension cord. since electricity only travels 1 foot/second, you'll have plenty of time to let go before you get shocked." well the dudes eyes light up like a christmas tree and all of a sudden he's like "no way man i'll get electrocuted."

so then we're all laughing and telling him "but it's a 25 foot cord and the electricity travels at 1 foot per second-- dude, you have PLENTY OF TIME to let go..."

needless to say he gave up and the argument ended and he didn't get electrocuted. LOL
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

Quote Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
    me and some friends got into a discussion with this redneck guy from fairbanks, alaska about how fast electricity travels along a wire. he was convinced that it traveled 1 foot per second-- he had seen it on a science show. we kept giving him examples of lightning, etc., and explaining it traveled incredibly fast at nearly the speed of light. but he is not listening-- he knows better than us.

so then one of my friends grabs an old extension cord, cuts the female end off to expose the two wires. my friend says, "here you hold these two wires and i'll plug in the extension cord. since electricity only travels 1 foot/second, you'll have plenty of time to let go before you get shocked." well the dudes eyes light up like a christmas tree and all of a sudden he's like "no way man i'll get electrocuted."

so then we're all laughing and telling him "but it's a 25 foot cord and the electricity travels at 1 foot per second-- dude, you have PLENTY OF TIME to let go..."

needless to say he gave up and the argument ended and he didn't get electrocuted. LOL
    Actually you guys didn't come out looking too smart on that one......sorry...I callesm as I seesem.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

I would have liked to find out his reasoning as to why 1 ft./sec.

Maybe he has really really really really really really really big feet
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Ok, so we tell a guy at work, take this coil of line (rope) up to the roof and throw it down to us and we'll tie the piece on. 5 minutes later, the ENTIRE coil comes crashing down, still coiled!
    A friend is telling me that they get a new guy on the job. They need to pull a measurement with a hundred foot tape, but the first inch or so is broken off the tape. They tell the guy to walk down with the end of the tape and when he sees the mark they painted in the day before hold the tape on one foot. He pulls the tape tight and is wondering why the measurement is so far off, until he looks at the other guy.......Holding the end of the tape and.......balancing on one foot!!!!!!!
    Can't make this crap up!!

Talking

good thing you didnt tell himto burn a ft.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES