Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by welder_one View Post
    how about this one, if my wife new that i was telling this she would be soooo mad...lol

on the 4th of may i was rear-ended whike going to the tool store to get a set of brushes for my chop saw, no biggie. while that vehicle was in the shop and i was on my way to many doctor's visits, about 14 days later, to be exact, i was rear-ended again. i was driving my wife's brand new chevy HHR. it was driveable, so i drove it home. when i got home, i was scolded by my wife for following too close. "that is why you got rear-ended twice" she said. i almost laughed but kept it in. the next day she appologized for jumping me about wrecking her car, she said that she realized that neither ws my fault. i still tease her about following too close because she might get rear-ended...lol
    Maybe she thought you were driving the car in reverse?

here is a good one for ya. today i was at the paintline helping them lift the hot panels off of the conveyor on putting them on a rack to go to the layout/ assembly bay. sorry, those who dont know, i work in a sign shop, a big sign shop, and we are running laminated panels through right now.

so, i am at the end of the conveyor and the color coat is starting to "fish eye" real bad and getting worse. i call a stupidvisor over to bring it to his attention. he studies the panel closely and as he was doign this i said that it needed to be sanded down and re shot. he said " nope, when it goes through for clear coat, the clear coat will cover up the fisheyes" ........wow. and yet another reason we call him STUPIDVISOR
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

I was doing a a hydronic system in a hundred year old building in Denver about ten years ago and the company pulled my super off to another project toward the end. Replaced him with one of those wonderful know it all (nothing) types who is just riding out his time to retirement. This left you know who as the only person on the job who had a clue what was going on.

Come test day I hook up the hydrostat and immediately blew all four PRVs. Genius had installed 100LB PRVs. I asked why and he said that operating pump pressure was only 32, so 100 should be fine. This was a nine story building, four six inch risers. Do the math on the static head pressure.

He asked me what we should do and I suggested that if we used helium instead of air to test, the head pressure would be lighter.

I stopped him as he was calling the shop to order the helium. I'm too **** nice sometimes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nourider View Post
    I was doing a a hydronic system in a hundred year old building in Denver about ten years ago and the company pulled my super off to another project toward the end. Replaced him with one of those wonderful know it all (nothing) types who is just riding out his time to retirement. This left you know who as the only person on the job who had a clue what was going on.

Come test day I hook up the hydrostat and immediately blew all four PRVs. Genius had installed 100LB PRVs. I asked why and he said that operating pump pressure was only 32, so 100 should be fine. This was a nine story building, four six inch risers. Do the math on the static head pressure.

He asked me what we should do and I suggested that if we used helium instead of air to test, the head pressure would be lighter.

I stopped him as he was calling the shop to order the helium. I'm too **** nice sometimes.

You should ask him if a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers is lighter.

Talking

thats just too funny, you should have let him order the test helium .
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

[QUOTE=welder_one;16945]not too long ago, a man brought a trailer to me fro me to weld a piece of metal onto the tailgate. i cut and fit and pull out the machine to start welding. my hood is the miller elite '27 roadster and as i put it on, this man commented on my hood. i siad thanks. i then say cover and flip my hood down. after a few good tacks i hear the man yell "holy s**t" i look up quickly thinking that i started a fire and i see him holding his eyes. i said whats up and he said dang that light is bright. i told him that you are not supposed to look at the light.

Ithought I was the only one that ran into people like this. I was beginning to think I was a magnet for ignorance. Thanks for the great thread. My uncle is a millwright at a lumber yard, years ago he told me the story of a man accidentally cutting his fingers off (hands in the wrong place) while running a trim saw. They were able to put his fingers back on, but later he was showing the safety man and supervisors exactly what happened HE CUT THE SAME FINGERS OFF AGAIN. He promptly lost his job. Almost unbelievable ain't it

Quote Originally Posted by welder_one View Post
    not too long ago, a man brought a trailer to me fro me to weld a piece of metal onto the tailgate. i cut and fit and pull out the machine to start welding. my hood is the miller elite '27 roadster and as i put it on, this man commented on my hood. i siad thanks. i then say cover and flip my hood down. after a few good tacks i hear the man yell "holy s**t" i look up quickly thinking that i started a fire and i see him holding his eyes. i said whats up and he said dang that light is bright.
    and you put it in a "not so bright thread...LOL

1 we got a guy in the shop named Jose ...the bosses "snitch/B!CTH".
    and its always i dont know or dont care.
    2. hes a "WELDURRR"(welding for 6 months.knows nothing about welding ,but monkey see monkey do )

3. i yelled at he for pulling the MM210 by the whip and said ...oh i dont care.

4. started a fire yesterday.welding above a can of laquer thinner.

5. i really pissed him off the other day after i told him to piss off ,when he threw a freshly welded part at my feet and asked if i could
    grind it ...when he had a grinder in his hand after i tacked and squared the pieces he just welded up

I MEAN COME ON>>>>> WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

"Jose" been there a while?

Be patient, what comes around goes around.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    yes he has .hes been there for a few months more than me. i try not to talk to him.

he went went and squealed on our millwright for drinkin coffee while drilling through a thick chunk of steel ant the same time.
    saying he was drinking coffee and doing nothing.

he!! i drink the stuff from open to close.
    the first thing i do is walk in the door in the mornin and fire up the tar pot
    That kind of crap is exactly why I re-examined my great idea of only running my shop part time and having a "job" also!!! Never been happier
    Now I drink a pot before I even get there when I get around to it!!!
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

New kid at work asked what we thought was wrong with him because we kid him so much? I spouted out"too much bad dope at an early age", this is what prompted that reply. truck tranny has blown vacuum modulator, sucking fluid and burning it, no leaks. Took it to dealer, they told him it was leaking internally and filling up driveshaft, had to be fixed quickly. $1100 for a rebuild, said was most reasonable price he could find. Kids today!