Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Squat Rack

Talking Squat Rack

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share my first real project. After Pillaging this site for knowledge over the last 2 years, I finally felt worthy of posting something. I got to use all of those tools that you find out you have to purchase after buying your first welder. Bender, horizontal bandsaw, Drill Press etc.....

The one thing I learned by becoming a welder. Over engineering just comes with the territory.

This is 2x2 square tubing 1/4" Thickness. The pull up bar is solid 1" round and hangs directly over the center of this squat rack. It turned out to be an extremely solid design. I can swing on the pull up bar back and forth without any fear of it falling over.

Thanks everyone for all the information.

Mahalo,

Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images

little diffrent from what I have every seen. looks good.

Need longer stubs sticking out, if you are going to store materials.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Nice work jranoa. Its always good to see the pics. Dont be to worried about projects being worthy, ya never know who may think what you have done is a great idea. Now if you are worried about what someone may say about your welds, you can put that worry to rest. I dont think there is anyone here that would slam ya for a weld, they may give pointers on how to improve but never to put you down.

Again Nice Work!!

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Nice Squat Rack!

Default new member

i say hello to everyone, i am new to this forum, i do welding to make a living, i am a beginer with the computer and all that it has to offer, so after stumbling upon this site, and reading a few post, i joined up and hope to meet many good people, i like the squat rack, he did a fine job, hope to speak to anyone of same interest, have a nice Sunday---- kevin