Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom forklift

Default Wow!!!

U need to take that forklift in a parade!! Nicest forklift I have ever seen, Do they make polished wheels for that model??

Unless someone has done something like this before it is hard to appreciate the time & effort involved in a project like that. You can be very proud of that project. Thanks for sharing & very well done.
    252 Miller Mig
    180 Synchrowave
    R - 45 Milling Machine
    Kingston 1100 Lathe
    Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Looks great!

Here is some pics of my project, EP 4x4, Perkins diesel, 21' of lift.

At the adoption agency.

stock plastic fenders

Construction of new walk on fenders (3/16" tread plate)

Painting of tanks to match powder coated fenders

Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 05-24-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Getting there

Wiring up the guages

Installing an additional fuse / relay block

Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 05-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

Looking at CNC Plasmas

I installed gauges and a cell phone power tap, toggle switch allows backup light to stay on constantly or go on / off when machine goes into reverse..

Custom cut stickers

All removable parts were powder coated, I installed all new led lights (brake.turn and clearance), floor panels were Line-X'd, attached parts were painted

Ready for work.
    Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 05-24-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

Looking at CNC Plasmas

Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    This is the last of them!

Nice Job! I Love those dual stacks and tool box! are you turbocharged?
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

Looking at CNC Plasmas

Thumbs up Wow!

Gotta hand it to you wildfire, that was one awesome job! I had to scroll back and forth to the original picture several times cause I wasn't convinced it was the same piece of machinery! Nicest lift I've ever seen. You should be proud.
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 05-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
    Someone please give that man an award.
    Thank you sir. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don52 View Post
    Awesome job. Nice looking welds. I noticed that you welded the box without supporting your wrist or arms. I have found that I shake too much and need to support my arms or wrist for stability.
    I'm pretty stable for the most part if the pressure is off. If I'm having a rough day I'm not that stable in many ways. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    U need to take that forklift in a parade!! Nicest forklift I have ever seen, Do they make polished wheels for that model??
    Cool. Glad you enjoyed seeing it. Wish I could get those wheels. The wife got worried when i said I was going to put a GPS and a DVD player in it. She's always holding me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-doctor View Post
    Unless someone has done something like this before it is hard to appreciate the time & effort involved in a project like that. You can be very proud of that project. Thanks for sharing & very well done.
    Ah you sound like a person that could do or have done stuff like this. Your right. It was a Hugh undertaking but I tend to forget about all the work after it's completed. It's nice to have around the shop. Our customers enjoy looking at it as well. Thanks for your kind words sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Looks great!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
    Nice Job! I Love those dual stacks and tool box! are you turbocharged?
    Steve that's a nice looking lift you have there sir. Makes mine look like a pimple. Your pretty tidy yourself. Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoyed seeing them. Mine is naturally aspirated and all stock under the skin. Glad you liked the stacks. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Blow my mind...

Glad you like it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    Gotta hand it to you wildfire, that was one awesome job! I had to scroll back and forth to the original picture several times cause I wasn't convinced it was the same piece of machinery! Nicest lift I've ever seen. You shouls be proud.
    A big thank you to you sir. Made my day with all the kind words on my work. Your statement reminded me of a salesman that was here late last summer. He noticed the lift up on the jack stands all stripped down and he said " You scrapping that"? I replied "No, I'm rebuilding it!" He replied "Ya right".

Just the other day the same salesman returned to the shop and after all his sales pitches and as he was leaving he said "That lift looks a heck of a lot better than the old one you had here the last time I dropped in". I replied "That's the same lift!" He replied again"Ya right".

I understand when folks find it hard to believe it's the same machine. My intention was to only get it back to working right and a fast flick of paint but as soon as it showed up to my door everyone would say "Can't wait to see what your going to do with this thing so the pressure was on.

I wasn't going to post it on here because it's not all about welding but with out welding and fabricating it wouldn't be possible to do this and I have to add that it was all done with Miller equipment. The Dynasty 200 DX, the Spectrum 701, Millermatic 251 and even my Trailblazer 302 were all used in this project. It makes it so much better doing this stuff with good gear.

Thank everyone for your kind words. Glad you like the lift. Paul
    Miller matic 350P
    Millermatic 252/Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 875 plasma
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Coolmate 3
    Miller Elite ( INFERNO Digital)
    2008 Miller Trailblazer 302/Custom trailer
    Custom DX200 Crazy Cart
    Sofia 13 X 30 Lathe
    MODERN 10X50 knee mill with Fagor 40i DRO
    Craftex 30 Mill/Drill

All this stuff below was done with Miller gear

My YouTube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348

Flickr photo's:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/sets/

Yep, thats one fine looking forklift buddy. Someone commented on your steady tig hands, well I know why, there's a cup of the Horton's close by. lol Very nice work.!!!