Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller "Service Assistant" problems

Any techs got "Service Assistant" problems? After Adobe upgraded to Reader 9, my Miller Service Assistant CD would not open any manuals. Miller says the only way is to download the Service Manuals from the web site. I would rather have access to the ones on my hard drive, but there is no index to the titles.
    I uninstalled Reader 9, re-installed 8 and turned off the Adobe automatic updating. Now the manuals will open.

I've been updateing my Adobe every time a new version pops up with no problems on Vista, or XP pro. Don't care for the tool bar section though, as it's difficult to rotate diagrams.

Though I prefer to use the online tech service manuals as everything is up to date. Miller doesn't appear to send dvd's out quite as much as Lincoln.

come to think of it I did have problems with the last service disk. sucker wouldn't down load into my laptops, instead had to carry the service disk around with me.
    Last edited by cruizer; 05-23-2009 at 01:32 PM.