Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: My new 200 DX

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default My new 200 DX

    **** this is a nice machine!!! I just started toying with it, wow such a clean arc, it welds like butter, the sounds it makes takes getting used to, a far cry from my sync 250, but wow.

    Awesome machine...

    However, fusion king you are correct, I hate that hand amptrol, took at least 4 -5 turns of the knob to get a puddle. I am going to see if I can return it, used it for about 2 minutes, then stole my syncs footpedal and used that....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Sweet, can't wait to pick mine up in the next few days. I've never owned a tig welder and I'm going knee deep purchasing a Dynasty 200DX. I am a fast learner and very mechanically inclined so it won't be long before I master this thing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD_Lurker View Post
    Sweet, can't wait to pick mine up in the next few days. I've never owned a tig welder and I'm going knee deep purchasing a Dynasty 200DX. I am a fast learner and very mechanically inclined so it won't be long before I master this thing.
    I can't help but feel that practicing video games for about 10 or so years would be better cross training than anything... PLUS being mechanically inclined and a fast learner
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    **** this is a nice machine!!! I just started toying with it, wow such a clean arc, it welds like butter, the sounds it makes takes getting used to, a far cry from my sync 250, but wow.

    Awesome machine...

    However, fusion king you are correct, I hate that hand amptrol, took at least 4 -5 turns of the knob to get a puddle. I am going to see if I can return it, used it for about 2 minutes, then stole my syncs footpedal and used that....
    Oh I know...it is nasty crude and caveman-like. I would be ashamed to admit it if I had designed it.
    IMO even if you were able to become a great welder with the thing you couldn't help but be better with anything out there!! In fact that must be the theory Miller is going with on this...making better weldors by handicapping them.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    very eastern MA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    what was the model number of the hand control that you didnt like?

    G

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    You really like it that much better than the Sync 250? I have never tried one of these dynasty's... what makes them so good?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gordfraser View Post
    what was the model number of the hand control that you didnt like?

    G
    I believe it is RCCS-14....it is North-South operation

    The good one is RCC-14...East-West operation

    Just a little confusing
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowshreder View Post
    You really like it that much better than the Sync 250? I have never tried one of these dynasty's... what makes them so good?
    Well they just weld different. I hated them for awhile...about like anybody hates something new when the old stuff was working fine.

    And then you stop and realize that it only weighs 50 lbs and will weld your silverware on the kitchen table running off of the same outlet as your computer while you are reading this.

    Then you can drag it out into your garage and run it on 230 volts and weld about anything you throw at it.

    You can pack it into a place that nobody ever would even consider dragging a sync 250 into and have 3/4ths the power at 1/3rd the amp draw and be able to tailor the arc to lay down a bead like a true welding god!! And it will stick weld like a dream as well. And to be able to run on any voltage from 110-460, single or 3 phase...get the picture??
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    613

    Default

    When I plugged my Dynasty into a 110 outlet and welded aluminum my stepdad had a fit.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    I believe it is RCCS-14....it is North-South operation

    The good one is RCC-14...East-West operation

    Just a little confusing

    Man, I've got an east/west one and have only used it a few times, been thinking of trading it for either a north /south or a simple on/off unit!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.