Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 750?

Question 750?

Does anyone know anything about the 1980 Kawasaki 750 LTD 2 cyl? I have a chance to buy one, and all it needs is a set of clutch plates, and the bike is in fairly good condition, definately drivable. I might be able to get it for $200 and was wondering if anyone knew how they held up or if they were a good bike.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by welderdude402 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the 1980 Kawasaki 750 LTD 2 cyl? I have a chance to buy one, and all it needs is a set of clutch plates, and the bike is in fairly good condition, definately drivable. I might be able to get it for $200 and was wondering if anyone knew how they held up or if they were a good bike.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake
    They were fine...sort of overshadowed by all the big power of the day but in retrospect they may have been much better than anyone would have thought. They made a four something LTD also I believe and they were a good little bike as well.
    If everything is good $200 would be a steal if you can put it to good use and do the wrenching yourself mostly......IMO

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

indeed they did make a 4 something. 440 ltd. I have an '82. completely rebuilt the motor in it when it got it. good runnin little bike

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

The old Kawasaki's were the king in their days, the late 70's and early 80's. Not that they don't make a decent bike today. At the time they had the fastest production bike, don't remember the model, but it was a turbo 1000cc rocket. If memory serves me well (and it may not!) you had to sign away any warranty rights when you purchased one!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..