Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chop saw stand?

Default Chop saw stand?

I just got my new chopsaw today and i want to make a stand for it. I seen on here a realy nice stand that had suports that slide in the sides, i used the search but had no luck... any help or ideas would be great thank you.

Stephen

Cool

A piece of plate to hold your saw and 4 legs from angle or small pipe cut to suit height. Cut about a 10* angle on the top and bottom of the legs so they go outward a little at the bottom...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Hey stephen25,
    Here's one I made for my Porter Cable Dry Cut Saw. It is fully functional, yet compacts into a total space of 2' X 3'. I have to post another reply to get in all the photos.......Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images

2nd post....

Hope this helps you a bit....Denny

yorkiepap, Thank you very much...thats the one i was looking for all day.

Stephen

Hey stephen,
    You saw it on Penton's Welding site on the Projects topic board......Denny

Default A question for YorkiePap

Hi ya D,
    Can you tell me the no load RPM's for your dry cut saw?.
    Thats a sweet little rig. I like the wheels and cord winder additions.

Regards, Rick.

yorkiepap, wow thats a great looking stand. i would add a few bolts with wuing nuts to lock the extention in place ( or am i missing some thig ?) but other than that its freaking perfect. well thought out and looks verry helpfull.
    just what i needd another project for my to do list.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

may have to build 1 like that for when I buy my chop-saw in Oct . with my b-day money( also getting a Hobart ac stickmate 235 amp)

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Roller Ext. & Table locking sys.

Hey stephen25,
    I have attached photos of how to set up your locking system for the extension & table. The entire sys. is made of 1 1/2" & 1 1/4" sq. tube for telescoping the attachments. I drilled 1/2" holes about 2" from the ends, welded 5/16 X18 nuts over the 1/2" holes. Then used 1"L 5/16" bolts with a 2" piece of 3/8" rod welded to the head of the bolt for tightening leverage. Quite simple & effective.

To SineWave: The Porter Cable Dry Cut Saw is rated at 1300rpm and the Freud Diablo 14" carbide blades I use are rated at 1800rpm. Thanks for the compliments.......

Denny