Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

myistar,

I wasn't referring to the amount of filler you used in welding the holder up.

I was joking about how much filler a 2 1/2" pipe can hold. At 18", I'd suspect each holder will take about 12# of filler.

I use a similar setup that clamps to the edge of the table, but I used 1" OD SS tubing for mine. I don't like having that much filler out of the tube at a time. Not too bad for SS but mild and aluminum don't fare as well.

Nice idea, and nice work. I've been thinking I need a handy place for the rods...
    Diversion 165
    Lincoln SP175T
    Ryobi Drill Press
    No Name Portable band and chop saws
    '97 Triumph Trophy 900 (3 cylinder, hence Triple!)

Quote Originally Posted by RCGRT View Post
    myistar -

Looks good, how far did you have your tungsten sticking out on the bead in between the two tubes?
    I'm not exactly sure on the measurement, but far enough so I could get in there, with no problem. seemed to work pretty good.

Looks good Im shoure it will do the job

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    myistar,

I wasn't referring to the amount of filler you used in welding the holder up.

I was joking about how much filler a 2 1/2" pipe can hold. At 18", I'd suspect each holder will take about 12# of filler.

I use a similar setup that clamps to the edge of the table, but I used 1" OD SS tubing for mine. I don't like having that much filler out of the tube at a time. Not too bad for SS but mild and aluminum don't fare as well.
    yeah, i didn't read that too good probably, i wanted to make something that day, i told myself, these tubes are fairly big for storing some filler in it. At the time, i didn't think i had any smaller, like 2 inch, but now i'm typing this, i did have some 2" exhaust tubing i could of used as well..