Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    ...Killing game for survival etc is one thing....
    What about a planned hunting trip instead of a trip to Costco?

Don't forget, you can also charge admission for all the busload tours that will be coming by to see this very emotional monument of sensitivity

!!!!!! KB !!!!!!??????? But what about all the critters that are killed by coyotes, dogs, mountain lions, and other various predators????? Don't those critters deserve a plaque, too??????

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    !!!!!! KB !!!!!!??????? But what about all the critters that are killed by coyotes, dogs, mountain lions, and other various predators????? Don't those critters deserve a plaque, too??????

Dude!!! I was saving that idea for my potential consulting gig on the project.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Sounds like our windfairy squirrel slayer has found himself a target rich environment. Squirrels and pigeons beware.

Haven't figured out whether he intended to mount a barrel on that contraption he "designed", or if he just lays it out in the field to confuse the squirrels while he pops them.

Does each squirrel get a notch on the stock? Does a pigeon get a notch or a half notch?

Question I have always been curious . . .

I have always been curious as to how many people that have a served in the military IN A COMBAT ZONE enjoy killing anything purely for sport . . . .beyond the enemy of course . . . .

My suspicion is the number would be quite low . . .

Steve
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    that contraption he "designed",
    Yeah, SundownIII, that thing looks kinda over the top. Makes my old $50 (bought new ) .22 pale in comparison .... A BIPOD???? A SCOPE??? For SQUIRRELS?????

The bait works fine

People with $5000 hobby welders shouldn't get stuck up about a $1000 pellet rifle.

As for Sundowner he is obviously the kind of guy that complains about getting *****, steak and ice cream in the same day so there's no pleasing him- poor guy. He reminds me of my stepdad...full of wisdom and knowledge but only $hit came out of his mouth.
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

No hobby welders here .... every one of my machines have paid for themselves .... most many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Yeah, SundownIII, that thing looks kinda over the top. Makes my old $50 (bought new ) .22 pale in comparison .... A BIPOD???? A SCOPE??? For SQUIRRELS?????

The bait works fine

Although it is fun to go out an shoot squirrels (plus they do taste good...only thing is gotta clean em within about 20 mins, otherwise they skin like a B****) my ol' .22 with a 20 dollar scope works just fine. Some of those fancy pellet guns shoot so fast anyway, its not any quieter than a .22 cause of the pellet cracking the air (mini sonic boom) so it doesnt make sense to me. I'd rather go after bigger game anyway, more food on them.

also, get about 30 squirrels, and about 15-20 rabbits and take both them and grind the meat together and its very delicious. still cant beat a good roundsteak off a deer....unless you get yourself some elk.

monte55- are you totally against hunting, or just trophy hunting? .. I eat most everything i kill (except varmints and scavengers). saves a LOT of $$$$$ rather than buying beef.
    Last edited by welderdude402; 05-15-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

I think, Monte even feeds his dogs vegetarian dog food