Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

the ground squirrels would be like eating dirt because that's basically what they eat.

I only shoot these because it allows me to have fun and they don't need pesticides after I have visited a facility/farm regularly!!!
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-16-2009 at 06:25 AM.
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    What about a planned hunting trip instead of a trip to Costco?
    I will admit that once I did sneek up on a pork roast...I believe his name was Wilson...and hit him with a big spoon at Sams Club. It wasn't planned. It just happened.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

[
    monte55- are you totally against hunting, or just trophy hunting? .. I eat most everything i kill (except varmints and scavengers). saves a LOT of $$$$$ rather than buying beef.[/QUOTE]

I am not totally against hunting. I understand if people hunt for food, to protect themselves or their home from damage etc. I just don't understand
    why some get such a thrill out of killing an animal. I'm not saying everyone that hunts is like this. But a lot are. I don't have a need or want to kill a deer.
    Many like to hunt deer for food and maybe to protect their crops etc. so they benifit two ways. I hear so many reasons why we have to kill deer.
    "We have too many deer in the area".....then move them to an area that doesn't.
    We have deer where I live and we don't have a problem with them. Sure they
    are hit on our local hiway at times and that could be dangerous. There are also opossum, raccoons and other critters dead in the road. I don't see hunters teaming up to hunt them down for our safety. I guess an opossum
    being hunted down isn't much to brag about.
    I was driving home from being out of town one night and pulled over to take a leak. Went a little off the road and behind a bush was a large buck with only the rack removed. No attempt to field dress. Just kill and take the rack. We sure have some lovely people in this world.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I will admit that once I did sneek up on a pork roast...I believe his name was Wilson...and hit him with a big spoon at Sams Club. It wasn't planned. It just happened.
    Eat pork roast with a spoon??? Maybe someone should move you up to a fork with a cork on the end...do you wear a helmet when eating....

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Eat pork roast with a spoon??? Maybe someone should move you up to a fork with a cork on the end...do you wear a helmet when eating....
    I've got mail I've got mail I've got mail Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

All the pecan trees in my yard attract squirrels and all the squirrels attract Texas Rat snakes (I've read the larger ones eat squirrels, though I have never caught one in the act). I suspect that, as they do hang around in the trees, the snakes are more likely to eat very young squirrels and birds as well as the bird eggs, but am told the Texas Rat snake is the most beneficial snake in this part of the country. They are also very aggressive and I have no qualms about killing one if he chooses to threaten me. We seem to have enough squirrels to go around so I leave the Rat snakes alone for the most part but I do harvest both pecans and squirrels. The local fox squirrels fattened up on pecans are really good eating. As we live inside the city limits I use a pellet rifle to harvest the squirrels and though I have a good rifle for the purpose (Gamo Varmint Hunter), shot placement is very important so with my old eyes a scope is necessary and effective. I find that killing these destructive varmints relives stress, fills the stomach, and increases the pecan harvest. As far as I know squirrels are the only "rats" that are actually made out of food.
    GamoVarmintHunter.jpg
    Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
    Lincoln Weldpac 100
    Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
    Miller Spool gun 100
    Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
    Victor Super Range II

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I was driving home from being out of town one night and pulled over to take a leak. Went a little off the road and behind a bush was a large buck with only the rack removed. No attempt to field dress. Just kill and take the rack. We sure have some lovely people in this world.
    You ignored my last question and replied only with some stupid joke, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes:

Do you think there is a greater percentage of bad hunters or bad cops?

“Give a man a squirrel; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to squirrel hunt; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You ignored my last question and replied only with some stupid joke, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes:

Do you think there is a greater percentage of bad hunters or bad cops?
    First.........planned hunting trip verses Cosco.............doesn't make any sense to me. What kind of answer did you expect?

Second .....bad cops...bad hunters........here again you're not making yourself clear. When you say "bad hunter"...........do you mean one with
    bad skills, lousey shot, can't bring home the bacon........or just a jerk in general? Bad cop...........again, do you mean bad at doing his job, or perhaps one that is also a jerk and abuses his power

Third....I don't know why you're bothering either
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Quote Originally Posted by hotstreetvw View Post
    “Give a man a squirrel; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to squirrel hunt; and you have fed him for a lifetime”
    Actually I believe the phrase is "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, Teach him to fish and he'll sit in a boat all day drinking beer"
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge