Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default made some more scrap yesterday

I like aluminum air rifle stocks made of 1/2" square al tubing and plywood. It's lightweight and suits me for squirrel hunting.

Yesterday I learned a valuable lesson about making welds that do not require grinding. in the future I'll focus intently on producing welds that do not require cleanup.

The joinery is done with a 1/2" straight cut router bit on my Harbor Freight router. The mecahnical fit was great and all was square but I trashed the project because of poor welds and further weakening the base material through grinding. These joints have potential but need a better weldor to make it happen. Next time, when I get over wasting materials.

Here's what the prototype/first good effort produced. Yes, there's a conspicuous absence of close-up weld pictures.

Last edited by Johnny; 05-15-2009 at 07:57 AM.
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

LMAO.

If you need all that paraphernalia for shooting squirrels, you need to practice being a better shot.

Talk about an "overengineered mousetrap". That thing wouldn't last half a day in the "field".

Always nice to see where someone's "distractors" are coming from. Good to know that there's a "squirrel shooting", windsurfer out there that finds so much fault with my postings.

LMAO too. You're an a-hole and confirmed it yet again.

Thank You
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Yepper,

But at least I'm not a squirrel shooting, windfairy, who knows absolutlely nothing about welding or metal fabrication.

You'd rather spend your time nitpicking my posts than learning how to weld.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Rube Goldburg designed that thing you posted photos of.

and then

this goes on and on
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Theres a rifle on the blue for sale post that would eliminate your need for that ...do you eat the squirrels ?...if so you could buy a lot of beef for what that scope cost...are squirrels that big of a problem in your area that this much time has to be invested in eraidicating them...what do you have cobbled up for big game...''you'll shoot yourself in the eye''...lol....

There is a company making small weapons for small game to SHOOT BACK.
    Let's see how brave the great hunters handle this. Killing game for survival etc is one thing but for sport deserves a big "YOU SUCK".
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge