Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tool list

Thumbs up Tool list

Hey y'all

Since I'm heading out west in the next few months I'm just looking to get a few ideas for tools. I already have started getting some together. Obviously a tape measure, torpedo level, scribe, regular 24'' level etc etc . But I'm looking for tools you guys would find most valuable to remove and make the job a bit easier to get done. I'm open to any ideas and am willing to get a bigger tool box. So please feel free to enlighten me and my fellow apprentices and please give us a tool list.

It depends what you will be doing.

WD-40 and Duct tape.

Is there anything else anyone could possibly need
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Helps to know what kind of work you'll be doing or what your using to do the work. We could give you a list a mile long.

Small Tap & Die set, screw and bolt extractors, numerous pliers for bending or cutting your electrodes, aluminum & brass wire brushes, grinder and plenty of wheels including flap wheels, fine point picks.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Flap wheels, grinders, etc...Please let us know what you are doing..

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jweller View Post
    WD-40 and Duct tape.

Is there anything else anyone could possibly need
    JB weld and a BFH BIG F%$&ing Hammer Just kidding LOL Jim
    Welding in Crete
    Syncrowave 350 LX
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
    Miller Gold Seal 155
    Miller Elite welding helmet
    JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
    Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Some really cool hammers BIG and small

Welpers, wire brushs, chipping hammer, spare lenses for the welding hood, spares for the grind shield. Assorted hand tools always a good idea, screw drivers and pliers, beyond that for me its just pack for all possible conditions. cool weather and hot weather.

Good luck,
    Paul

Ten pound single jack with a short handle, bull pin, spud wrenches (5/8-1 1/4), slever bar, bolt bags, hard hat, fall protection harness, welding hood with hard hat rig, arctic clothing good to -45F, and lunch.
    Pay is only $19.08 + $8.08 PH for a first year, #32.29 + 19.08 PH for a foreman.

But you only need this list if you want to do real work
    Last edited by FATFAB; 11-29-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Talking nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post
    Ten pound single jack with a short handle, bull pin, spud wrenches (5/8-1 1/4), slever bar, bolt bags, hard hat, fall protection harness, welding hood with hard hat rig, arctic clothing good to -45F, and lunch.
    Pay is only $19.08 + $8.08 PH for a first year, #32.29 + 19.08 PH for a foreman.

But you only need this list if you want to do real work
    Sounds Like you are one Chilly IronWorker!!! It's Cold enough here in Ontario!!.. Lots of Luck!!!......... Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

A big garbage can, Hammer, screwdriver that doubles as a chisel, Duct tape like someone said earlier, band aids, fire extinguisher and a fridge to hold all of your beer.