Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Syncrowave 200

Cool Syncrowave 200

Why the Syncrowave 200 and not the Dynasty 200 DX

-- Pulsed Tig Very nice feacher.It concentrates the heat in one area and you get a nice fused looking bead.Its like pulling the trigger on a mig gun a bunch of times while welding.like the MM 350MP.Great for over head spray welding.Hey HMW once you try tig pulsed you'll never go back to the regular way of welding.But like anything eles it has it's place.

-- Tell the wife that you have something at the welding store that you need her to go pick up for you with her new truck.Speaking of wich hows she lik'in it so far?

Cost is a considerable difference between the dynasty and SW, like about $1000 at least.

They love the truck, been using about a week with no problems. checked all the bolts last night and everything is where its supposed to be so far. Havent had to adjust anything yet. The have gotten alot of comments from other contractors and clients. Did you see the pics of the springs in the mounts , like I was trying to explain awhile back. A picture really is easier sometimes. So far so good with them. Nothing cracked or loose yet and body doesnt seem to have moved any yet. I'll check it all again next month to be sure

Ive got an aluminum seminar coming up and I will test the pulsed TIG. I have the miller matic pulser which is basically a MM210 with pulsed spool gun and it works good. But never tried TIG. Ive got the SW 180 which doesnt have it
    Last edited by HMW; 09-05-2007 at 08:25 AM.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

you may still be able to find a pulser for the SW-180 on e-bay (PC-300) if you decide you want to go that way.
    i can see the advantages of pulsed i just have not had a chance to get a handle on it as i just dont do enough TIG.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I think I'm really more interested in the adjustable frequency. Makes nice tight beads on aluminum. I have tried that on the dynasty just never tried the pulse. I think welder will be the Dynasty, but really need to add on to shop first 30X52x12 isn't enough and the 24x24 on the house is full of vehicles and the 14x24 shed is full of 4 wheelers and lawn equipment etc. I should cover the whole yard
    Scott

LOL seems like no matter how much space we get we still need more

i like the idea of a roof over the hole property......... i wonder what a 3 acer dome would run.shore would solve the snow shoveling the drive way problem.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

i have the synchro 200 and i love it. the pulse feature is also a new one to me when i got this machine. i have found that the pulse allows the puddle to cool ever so slightly to help with burn through adn to keep better control over the puddle. it also gives the weld bead a slight braided appearance, really cool feature. i am not sure that i can use standard tig anymore...lol i usually set mine on about 10 pps for 1/8 thru 1/4. and lower for thinner.
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    For MIG I understand the benefit of pulse but TIG I'm not sure I do understand the benefit since you can control the heat, where MIG you cannot, I dont have a pulsed tig to play with so really cant test it. Somebodys thoughts would be appreciated
    The SW 200 manual from my machne tells that pulses can be set at from 0.1 PPS to 15 PPs with a default of 10 PPS. It's available only on the TIG setting.

It pulses the weld output between a higher peak amperage and a low or background amperage. this lowers the average welding amperage so that there is a lower overall heat input and better puddle control.

This is beneficial for out of position work since it lets the puddle cool in between the high peak amperage.

It's also nice for work done without filler or for timing your "dips" when using filler. It's a really nice feature.

Well that explains it, thanks. I assumed it worked the same and for the same reasons my MIG does but just wasn't sure why on TIG you needed it. Thanks again
    Scott

I got it today now i need to set a disconnect and im ready to go.

congrats. enjoy. be shore to show us some new welds.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES