Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Syncrowave 200

Default baby toys

I was thinkn' 'bout akin a few more and turnig it them into a mobile... Hahahaha! I have to wait and see how much it drives my buddy nuts first!

Wizzad, How much tig experience you have?

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    Duh, never mind... I get it now... Duh...

Im going to give this to a friend. I sealed some coins inside to make noise as it is handled. Lets hope it drives him nutz trying to figure out what it is!!! HAHahahahahaha!!!
    Evil. P-U-R-E-E-V-I-L!!! ROFLMAO!!! If you were MY friend I'd bean you over the head with it if you gave it to me!

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    Wizzad, How much tig experience you have?
    Not much...maybe 3 hours. I have to say I'm addicted though

I was reading what the machine comes with and noticed that the machine comes with a 150A torch. Thats fine but this is a 200A machine. Does this mean i can only weld up to 150A with this setup?

Ive got the same machine, I havent cranked it yet, but maybe some day.
    the rule of thumb is about an amp per thousands on an inch of material thickness. I am using aluminum as the standard. the same rule loosely applies to the electrode. A 1/8th(0.125") is good for about 100-150 amps in all but DCEP. the torch will accept a 5/32' electrode too.

rattle rattel rattle.. hehehehehe.....

This machine has done everything i have put to it so far. Ive done 1/4' aluminum no problem and 1/8 steel too.

Question 150 amp torch

wizzade
    I was reading what the machine comes with and noticed that the machine comes with a 150A torch. Thats fine but this is a 200A machine. Does this mean i can only weld up to 150A with this setup?

no it dose not. the torch is rated at 100% duty cycle at 150amps the torch can go over 150amps just for shorter periods of time just like the welder has a duty cycle so too dose the torch. most all torches are rated at 100% duty cycle. where as most welders are not named for there 100% duty cycle.
    the syncrowave is rated at
    Rated Output

150 A at 26 V, 40% Duty Cycle

so as you can see the syncrowave is rated lower than the 150amp torch they ship with it. you will be fine to use the torch for the full range of the syncrowave 200. the #17 torch is very common and is on most all the 180-225 amp welders. i have one on my TA-185. its a nice size and feel. if later you chose to get a smaller one for tight spots or just for low amp use thats possible as well as adding a cooler. torches come in all sizes and styles. the #17 is a good mid range torch. after you have been TIGing for a wile if you feel the need or want you can easily change it out.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by wizzade View Post
    You can weld 200 with it as fun4now said but at a lower duty cycle there, but dont worry you'll know when to stop, you wont be able to hold the torch anymore. My SW180 has the same torch and has worked great, I like my 180 [now the 200] I have never tried pulsed tig, I have a pulsed MIG and that works good. I use the 180 almost exclusively on aluminum [AC]

Congrats on the new machine
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

if later you chose to get a smaller one for tight spots or just for low amp use thats possible as well as adding a cooler. torches come in all sizes and styles. the #17 is a good mid range torch. after you have been TIGing for a wile if you feel the need or want you can easily change it out.

I got a very small, short cup, collet and collet body for mine. I use the the short back cap and that made the torch very short, I needed to weld some cracked headers and the regular back cap and cup made the torch to long to fit in between. Worked great. I think I got the collets in 3/32. I can find the part numbers if you need them
    Scott

I have never tried pulsed tig,
    LOL i tryed mine for a few sec. but needed a better understanding of TIG first and never got back to it again. i am interested in plying with it at some point, so glad i have the option.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile

For MIG I understand the benefit of pulse but TIG I'm not sure I do understand the benefit since you can control the heat, where MIG you cannot, I dont have a pulsed tig to play with so really cant test it. Somebodys thoughts would be appreciated
    Scott