Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High School Fun

Default Hands in their pockets..

I bet they just had a good old game of pocket-pool going on there, and i bet the PRICK in the middle is winning............

Sorry that is just what the old man use to ask me if i had my hand in my pocket...

Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130

Railmen

Quote Originally Posted by Railmen View Post
    I bet they just had a good old game of pocket-pool going on there, and i bet the PRICK in the middle is winning............

Sorry that is just what the old man use to ask me if i had my hand in my pocket...

Railmen
    We used to say.."just playing some pocket pool but the Ref is a prick" LOL. Ah yes, boys will be boys.

They are well on their way to working for the US government, only need a coffee cup in the other hand, and they’ll be ready!

Nice job on the trailer. Good ideas on the storage of the accessories.

Leg knockers on trailers, or anything else, stinks.

That is something to be proud of!

GOOD JOB!!
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Since you asked I will give my honest opinion based from working off a portable welding rig for the last 22-23 years now.

I dont like how there isnt a place to wrap your cables up. Its much easier to walk over to the side and peel off what you need verses gettting 50' or 100' sections out throwing them on the ground and pulling 25' over to the job.

Looks to me like the cables are stored in the big tool box.- Hard to get to.

It also looks like your tool box lid flips up which means things get piled on top of other things. I prefer a cabinet with side doors and shelves.
    I also like to be able to get my tools out without climbing up on the trailer.

Another thing your missing a bottle rack for your 75/25 gas so you can mig weld out in the field.
    The Trail blazer does an excellent job at running portable mig.

I would also recoment a rack to carry some ladders.

These are just some tips for the next welding trailer that you build.

I'm sure there are some reasons why you built it the way you did, cables are more secure in a locked box than the way I suggested and building a cabinet as I suggested cost alot more money plus all the extra weight of having shelves.

Here are some pics of how I like my tool boxes, hangers for cables and mounting ideas for tanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

Portable Welder, i like the idea of cabinets instead of boxes, but that one has a lot of waisted space for carrying just one kid, you could have made it much smaller. no point in spoiling him with all that leg room.

kid's did a great job on the trailer. koodooes to them.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Wow! I'm a bit afraid to reach in my pocket for some change for lunch.

I went back to some photos of a project that some of my students built back when I was a Vo-Ag teacher to see if we had any "hands in pocket slackers"... Yep! the guy on the left!

(Turns out he is now the sales manager for the biggest Ford dealer in the area)
    Attached Images Attached Images