Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    If you dont plan on doing alot of work with the unit i'm in the habit of using zip cut blades theve vitually eliminated my use of torches in many ways nice straight cuts and minimul affect to the material
    Hi Squig.... just bought some 4 1/2" off ebay at a good price and curious to know how thick a material you cut with them (curves, etc.)

Here is info and a source for these Walter ZIP CUTS:

http://www.industrial-supply-store.c...f4zbbu8ACo.php

Default Miller 2050 plasma cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Lu47Dan View Post
    Has anyone used the Miller 2050 Plasma cutter ? I am looking for a plasma cutter for my shop . I have read it will cut to 7/8" , this is thicker than I use normally . I use 1/2" , 5/8" often , and 3/4" once in awhile , the cutter I was looking at goes to 5/8" . Being a pipefitter , I use a torch mostly on the job and do not have a lot of exprience with plasma cutters .
    Hey Lu47Dan; I use the 2050 all the time instead of the torch even doing pipe work. Power it off from my miller 250 trailblazer. Things that I wanted when I bought the 2050 was being able to cut stainless, alumimun, and steel along with being able to be portable, and being able to handle material immediately. Never used it's scarfing feature since I use an air arc alot also. Will use a torch when you have to reach into a bad area that the plasma can't get too and also if I have a lot of heavy metal to burn. If you plan on using a plasma in the field, remember the weigh that you will have to handle. Well worth the money if you have enough business to justify buying.

this might not go over well here but i have had nothing but the best experience with hyperthrem 1000. in my opinion it is better than my 2050 miller. just plainly the best one i have used so far and i have used almost all of them.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Default Update on the purchase of the Spectrum 2050 Plasma

I bought the 2050 last summer , and really like it . I added a Motor Guard filter to it to keep the moisture and the dirt out of it . The 2050 has done everything I have asked it to do and I am well pleased with its performance . Like anything it had its learning curve . Dan
    Tools to Men are like Shoes to Women you can never have too many .
    Miller XMT-304
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller 10-E Feeder
    Hobart 175 Handler
    Lincoln AC225
    And assorted others

Default Miller 2050 on clearance

I know its a bit late for this thread, but the Miller 2050 plasma cutter is on great sale at Grangier for $1046-

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MIL...928?Pid=search
    Millermatic 211
    Everlast 200DX TIG
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100
    Century Stick welder
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Oxy set-up with Henrob 2000 torch
    Logan 200 lathe (60 years old)
    Jet band saw

That price doesnt sound right. I called, it sounds like they are out of stock but the service rep sounded kind of confused??
    Last edited by Sberry; 12-07-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilredex View Post
    Hi Squig.... just bought some 4 1/2" off ebay at a good price and curious to know how thick a material you cut with them (curves, etc.)

Here is info and a source for these Walter ZIP CUTS:

http://www.industrial-supply-store.c...f4zbbu8ACo.php
    Zip Cut disks are Gods best friend! So be careful with them or you might meet God in person! Make sure you wear the proper protective gear, when those blades come apart its nasty. That said they truly are great! I use them all the time.