Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Let me see some pics of your welding skid

I am wanting to see some pics of peoples welding skid.

I am wanting to put my TB302 in the back of my truck only for jobs. However Ill be removing it and putting it in my shop to keep it out of the weather when not in use. Also I want it on a skid because I can put it on my 20' trailer and haul it that way.

I am really not sure what I want right now, so I just want to see some pics. I later may build a trailer just for my welder, but that will be at least a few years. I want something right now that is practical, fast to build, and cheap.

Thanks
    Ryan

Default skid

Moning ACE, headin out right now but wanted to try to give YOU a little encouragement! I got a bobcat I've been wanting to put on skid to do same as you(load on truck or trailer) & came across a pic the other day on a site & will get back to you when I get back home! The neat thing about the welder skid is it had the oxy bottle under the welder...
    RoHo
    Dayton, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Moning ACE, headin out right now but wanted to try to give YOU a little encouragement! I got a bobcat I've been wanting to put on skid to do same as you(load on truck or trailer) & came across a pic the other day on a site & will get back to you when I get back home! The neat thing about the welder skid is it had the oxy bottle under the welder...
    It may be neat but you might want to check with the D.O.T . Some places want your bottles standing up. A phone call could save a lot of heartache and fines.

If you do a search there is a "show your rigs" thread.

Edit: http://millerwelds.com/resources/com...highlight=show
    Last edited by Icarus; 05-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.

I looked through the "show your rigs" last night. I did not see what I was looking for. I want to see some pics of removable skids. In show your rigs, it was more of a permanent installation with flatbed trucks. The one I really like is by C wagner, the ACE IND. one.
    Last edited by ace4059; 05-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.

I've seen some built that use a Dew Eze hay bed to lift the welder onto the truck.