Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default syncrowave 180 or 200.??????

I found a nice syncrowave 200 for sale ,and a sync. 180 for 350.00 cheaper,both have less than 20 hours on them.the only diffrence i can see is that the 200 has pulse contole,and 20 more amps,is the 200 worth the extra money.

kinda depends on what you want to use it for?? The 180 is great, don't know if you need the pulse or not or more power. I've not used a pulsed tig so I can't comment on the plus's of that. Pulsed Mig I have and works good.
    If you just want it for hobby stuff I'd buy the 180 and spend the other $300 on other toys
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

welcome to the board.
    the syncro200 also has an auto adjust on its post flow that could save you a considerable amount of $$ over time depending on the size argon tank you get. i would also look at the warranty issue. is the 180 still coverd?? do they both cary the same amount or warranty left? the syncro's are well built and odds are good you wont need it, if it doesn't break in the first 3 years odds are good it wont for a lot longer. generally the boards and stuff if bad go out purity soon or last out there intended life span as i understand it ( with most electronics any way).
    they are both great TIG's with many happy users. the 180 used to have an optional pules module but its been discontinued but can still be found from time to time on e-bay. ($300 and up i think but don't take it to the bank)i know many have come threw here looking for the pulse module. PC-300 if you want to do a search for it.
    i think its a tuff call call really but i would lean tword the 200 myself. you never know what might come up in the future and being stuck looking for a pulse module could really be a bummer.
    pulse is also nice to have on SS, and some like to use it as a training exercise, its also purity handy in inverted and vert welding. not bad for art work either if you are into playing at home with SS (see pic).

i would definitely recommend getting the larges argon tank you can easily move around for filling. most of the fill price is service so you will get a great deal more gas for little extra $$ with a larger tank.

i would go with the syncro 200 myself, but either will make a great home shop addition.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

the 180 was replaced by the SW200. congrats , you should be verry happy with it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
    I found a nice syncrowave 200 for sale ,and a sync. 180 for 350.00 cheaper,both have less than 20 hours on them.the only diffrence i can see is that the 200 has pulse contole,and 20 more amps,is the 200 worth the extra money.
    I would probally spend the extra $$GREEN$$and get the 200 if I had the extra

Inferno Forge

Chris

The extra 20 amps are a great advantage on thicker aluminum as the pulse mode requires more current. The 200 needs a 60 amp circuit and I have tripped my breaker working in the 3/8" range, pushing the limits of home hobbiest Tig work. 1/4" and under Steel or AL, I don't think you'll notice the difference between the two units. Square wave rules!!!!!

Go for the 200. you wont be disappointed!
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Smile trozzo51

i just wanted to say welcome to the board.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES