Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default First Day of welding school. Pics.

Well, welding school was fun. Here are a few of my first beads. The pictures are of 3 passes. Let me know what you think. I already know of some ways to correct the welds. The machine had some old wire in it, it was causing a few problems. I had the wire get stuck in the lining, and the gun jumping a few times, so keep that in mind...

The first picture is Vertical, and the rest are fillet welds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

looks like you are off to a great start.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

You call those welds? I think I can get better results by letting my dog take a crap on some plywood. You should be ashamed.
    Just funing ya Lucky!! They look good. Keep it up and feel free to will your MM200 to me.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Hahahaha, I have a long list of people for that machine. Thanks for the compliments!
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

Cool I see your taking lessons from your sister.

How do you like school so far?
    I'm just glad you started something for your lifes career.Down the road you'll be happy that you did this.Good luck and keep us updated.

and remember we want pics, we want pics, we want pics.

Darmik.

I was going to say something like jwsrep did....SHOWOFF!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOW! You must have shocked your instructor!!!
    How's it feel being top of the class on the first day???
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time