Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stainless and teak gates, glass partition

I don't spend much time on the computer anymore, so it's been a while since I've posted any projects.

This shows some gates and privacy partitions we did for a residence.
    I guess I forgot to take pics while we were making it all, but here are some snapshots of the finished product.

In the end I was very pleased, as it all came out nice and tidy thanks to planning, planning, and my trusty level.

1. Before
    2. Before
    3. Glass wall with stainless supports
    4. Steel wall with gate beyond
    5. Through gate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

Default some more

It looks like the pics are coming out small when I attach them. I'm not sure why, but I can't figure out how to change them. Oh well. Good enough.

1. Detail of side gate.
    2. Front gate
    3. Through
    4. Uprights

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

Miller and Hobart now have software that resizes the Pics.

Better to use an Offsite host
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Absolutely beautiful! Nice to see the incorperation of wood and glass with metal, just combines so many different skills to make a very nice final product. I saved all those photos.
    Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Miller and Hobart now have software that resizes the Pics.

Better to use an Offsite host
    Ahhh geez.

Thanks Ed.
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! Nice to see the incorperation of wood and glass with metal, just combines so many different skills to make a very nice final product. I saved all those photos.

Thanks a bunch Conrad-Turbo.

It also requires a lot of equipment at times. It really helps to have a plan. Installation is such a big part in projects like this, that I just consider it an extension of the "build process" anymore. In work like this, mistakes show up like a sore-thumb, and mistakes on-site can be a real PITA (not to mention costly). With this kind of contempory style, so much of it is about keeping everything square, plumb, level, et. because visually there's not a lot of forgiveness. I just try to minimize the mistakes in the shop and be sure to have a plan to anchor it all down once we get it there. Taking the time to do it right the first time is much, much, much, much better than correcting a mistake or oversight later in the game.

The gate frames are made from .063 x 1 x 2 stainless tubing, and those of you who weld stainless know that keeping all things straight and square is a dance in itself.
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

Nice work I like the minimal look you went for... Is that solid teak or a veneer?

Looks great Chris. Is it some place down in San Diego?

Oddly, I have been doing a lot of welding at work as of late (steel). It makes it less fun so as a hobby I've been making music (or at least trying).
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by cosmosuave View Post
    Nice work I like the minimal look you went for... Is that solid teak or a veneer?
    Thanks Cosmo.

This project was veneer with solid edging.

I gotta say, the veneers are getting thinner and thinner...but the prices don't follow suit.
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder

Quote Originally Posted by tasslehawf View Post
    Looks great Chris. Is it some place down in San Diego?

Oddly, I have been doing a lot of welding at work as of late (steel). It makes it less fun so as a hobby I've been making music (or at least trying).
    Thanks, Mike.

This was for a new residence in Mission Beach.
    Maxstar 200DX
    Maxstar 300DX
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport
    Spectrum 701
    LMSW-52 spot welder