Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Trailblazer 302 house power

Question, does anyone know where to get a switchover box to hook the generator to the house, i want to totally disconect incoming power and power the whole house with the generator rather than just powering some of the circuits in the box, i realize i wont be able to run every thing at once but dont want to be limited either, thanks for the help!

Talking

Northern tool and supply.

they only have the ones that work with select circuits though, was there tonight, thanks again

Is this what you are looking for.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...6624_200196624

We have that very same set up at our office for use with my bobcat 250. We had it wired that way when it was built. We have a manually operated 300amp, Dual Pole, Dual Throw (DPDT), with center off switch from the local electric supply (I think ours is built by either Square D or Cutler-Hammer, can't remember). The load is connected to the center of the switch and then grid power is hooked to one side of the switch and a gen connection on the other side. With the center off, there is no chance of back feeding the grid and causing trouble. If you switch everything, then you would need to have some sort of indicator on the grid side just for the sake of knowing when commercial power is back on line.

Here's a pic from another thread here on the messag board of our set up.

SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 08-27-2007 at 10:54 PM.
    Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
    Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Thanks guys, i guess the people at my local northern tool dont even know what they sell! i think both setups would work great! i will check it out